Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    FOUND THE SOURCE OF THE SQUEALING!!! Effing FINALLY!

'Twas 2 loose upper intake bolts letting air by that stupid foil gasket! Free fix FTW!!!

Also, I start my new route tonight! Begin mile piling! The festiva will pile on another 30k before the end of the year if all goes well!

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    Lol, yeah, I have calipers all over the place. I can't go to Harbor freight without buying a set, wish they fit in my pocket without impaling me.

I didn't have to turn the bodies down, but I did turn the spring perch bushing (what's left over after you cut the perch off) down so it is only .200" thick The portion that I turned down, I made it so the sleeve was a press fit so everything is nice and tight. The area on the top of the shock where the weld is has to be ground down, but not much. You could really do it with a file. The stock seal protector needs to be pressed off, but it's not hard. I'll post a write up soon. I have lots of pictures of the process. Drove the car today, have some tuning to do, but it's definitely a big improvement. Stay tuned for the write up.

Leave a comment:

• Nerd Racing
    replied
    Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
    Today I did some work on my low profile rear coilover conversion. The goal is to eliminate at least two inches of static sag while also being able to fit my 15's and have 4" of adjustment. I'm using 1 7/8" coilover sleeves intended for small body midget race car shocks. This should work out great because it's easy to get 1 7/8" springs in the correct rates for the rear of a festiva. I'm starting off with 120 lb 10" long springs. Here are some pictures, and if this works well I'll write up a thread in the suspension forum.

^here you can see the difference in spring diameter from a stock festiva spring and my new 1 7/8" springs. I also cut 2" out of the lower post on the KYB shock.

^here is the 4" threaded sleeve (made by Bilstein) installed on a KYB gr2 aspire shock. I also made a dust seal cap (aluminum part just above the sleeve) to protect the shock seal from the bump stop. This setup is about 2 lbs lighter per side than the stock rear shock/spring combo. I'm hoping that the shock will now ride in the first 1/3rd of it's travel at the ride height that I want to run. We'll see. I still have to finish up the other side before I can test them on the car.
    nice setup man, did you have to turn down the strut some with a lathe?

I have the same set of 6" calipers, they come in quite handy.

Leave a comment:

• Christ
    replied
    Put the console back together, threw on a shift boot and knob from a manual pedal set I bought a while ago... no longer need to press the rod down to shift from P, just pull the stick. Looks like a manual car now LOL.

Moved the red 93 around in the yard, freed up the hubs (all but one), got it to a dry location where I can work on it. That starts getting stripped next week, hopefully along w/ the Golf. Both bodies will end up in a scrap yard.

Leave a comment:

• smurfstiva
    replied
    put on another wiper motor, checked out a rear beam for this weekends install, finished pulling off front springs from a parts car to go on the back of my car. and waiting for my new turn signals

Leave a comment:

• WulfgarTheGreat
    replied
    well I'm going to install a new fuel filter today then if it still doesn't start getting scitzz to help/show me the testing for spark and fuel.

Leave a comment:

• freshtiva
    replied
    Originally posted by WulfgarTheGreat View Post
    re-installed my gas tank, fuel pump, then threw some gas in it, and then...... it wouldn't start. it will start, oh yes, i will make it start.

Force start it !!!

Leave a comment:

• crazyrog17
    replied
    Check the inertia switch first, never know.

Today I'm finally installing new LCAs and inner/outer tie rods.

Leave a comment:

• WulfgarTheGreat
    replied
    re-installed my gas tank, fuel pump, then threw some gas in it, and then...... it wouldn't start. it will start, oh yes, i will make it start.

Leave a comment:

• Ford Fester
    replied
    Today I did some work on my low profile rear coilover conversion. The goal is to eliminate at least two inches of static sag while also being able to fit my 15's and have 4" of adjustment. I'm using 1 7/8" coilover sleeves intended for small body midget race car shocks. This should work out great because it's easy to get 1 7/8" springs in the correct rates for the rear of a festiva. I'm starting off with 120 lb 10" long springs. Here are some pictures, and if this works well I'll write up a thread in the suspension forum.

^here you can see the difference in spring diameter from a stock festiva spring and my new 1 7/8" springs. I also cut 2" out of the lower post on the KYB shock.

^here is the 4" threaded sleeve (made by Bilstein) installed on a KYB gr2 aspire shock. I also made a dust seal cap (aluminum part just above the sleeve) to protect the shock seal from the bump stop. This setup is about 2 lbs lighter per side than the stock rear shock/spring combo. I'm hoping that the shock will now ride in the first 1/3rd of it's travel at the ride height that I want to run. We'll see. I still have to finish up the other side before I can test them on the car.
    Freakin sweet work man. You can do 16s with no spacer I bet!

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied
    ^win

Leave a comment:

• freshtiva
    replied
    Havent put a wrench to a festiva in six monthes at least. If it aint broke...

Leave a comment:

• M3NTAL
    replied
    Swapped out my alt and still have low voltage

Time to start chasing grounds

Leave a comment:

• DriverOne
    replied
    Today I did some work on my low profile rear coilover conversion.
    Watching...

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    Low profile rear coilovers

Last edited by Advancedynamix; 03-13-2012, 09:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X