Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DriverOne
    replied
    Re: What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Originally posted by Ford Fester View Post
    Picked up 4 alloy Capri rims for 40 bucks today and a hvlp spray gun from harbor freight.
    Ooh, the three-spoke kind? Pics!

I received my install plate in the mail:

I thought I'd show off my light upgrade as well:

Leave a comment:

• Ford Fester
    replied
    Picked up 4 alloy Capri rims for 40 bucks today and a hvlp spray gun from harbor freight.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Originally posted by David88 View Post
    I just picked up a nice white hood from Take-a-part to put in the parts stock. Send me a PM if you head up this way. I usually go down to Springfield OH for the International Harvester truck show in Sept. but thats along way off.
    Ahh yes, I have seen the shop where at least 4 really good looking Harvesters sit out front there in Springfield, been by that shop many times. Honestly didn't know about the Harvester truck show.

But yeah, probably won't really have the money until after new year, and after I get my tax return.

IMG_20120905_185859.jpg

That is how bad my hood is, and those vertical marks are not scratches, those are gouges.
    Last edited by TorqueEffect; 11-23-2012, 11:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• David88
    replied
    Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post

Once I get some extra money I will be looking for a replacement hood in the southwestern Ohio area, preferably white or black, but I will take just about any color as long as it has no visible rust, serious dings and peeling paint/clearcoat. I will be willing to travel to eastern Indiana, Northern Kentucky, or around Columbus.
    I just picked up a nice white hood from Take-a-part to put in the parts stock. Send me a PM if you head up this way. I usually go down to Springfield OH for the International Harvester truck show in Sept. but thats along way off.

Leave a comment:

• DriverOne
    replied

I added the LED panel to the dome light! MUCH BETTER

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Originally posted by DriverOne View Post
    Next time, use a wet vac and a straw. A mouse pad will make a good seal.
    Ehh, I found it easier to just drill a couple holes in the bottom, thing isn't the best shape anyway and the holes are hidden.

Leave a comment:

• DriverOne
    replied

Next time, use a wet vac and a straw. A mouse pad will make a good seal.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Also drilled some holes in the bottom of my driver's side parking lamp, damn thing kept accumulating water.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    My ebay hubcap broke off on the highway yesterday, the ring and clips stayed on the wheel, but the rest shot off into the gaurdrail.

Popped em all off because it looks trashy to drive around without a complete set, and I am kinda glad to go back to the exposed steel rims with stock ford spindle nut caps.
    Filled the tank with 89 octane, inflated the tires to 38psi, and cleaned off most of the bird crap. (Friggin' enormous flock of birds were hanging around my neighborhood the other day) There had to be at least two dozen spots of bird crap all over the car.

Once I get some extra money I will be looking for a replacement hood in the southwestern Ohio area, preferably white or black, but I will take just about any color as long as it has no visible rust, serious dings and peeling paint/clearcoat. I will be willing to travel to eastern Indiana, Northern Kentucky, or around Columbus.

Leave a comment:

• sactnato
    replied
    RockAuto ships auto parts and body parts from over 300 manufacturers to customers' doors worldwide, all at warehouse prices. Easy to use parts catalog.

Leave a comment:

• Festevil3
    replied
    Originally posted by sactnato View Post
    New struts, LCAs, and tie rods.
    Where did you get your LCA's from?

Leave a comment:

• sactnato
    replied
    New struts, LCAs, and tie rods.

Leave a comment:

• fastivaca
    replied

Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
    Sorry about your Trans Ian.
    Thanks Paul.

Sent from somewhere west of here!

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied
    What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Sorry about your Trans Ian.

Leave a comment:

• fastivaca
    replied

Got started on dropping the transmission. So far, so good.

Sent from somewhere west of here!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X