Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• walth
    replied
    that almost doesn't even look real Rog..

but looks awesome!!

Leave a comment:

• crazyrog17
    replied

Leave a comment:

• johnsonjaco
    replied
    almost finished putting in a dealer a/c into my '89 carb... just need to finish up the wiring (the plug don't match up correct but almost there)... then tomorrow I hope to start my tranny swap.... oh and need to finish wiring up my new tach

Leave a comment:

• Christ
    replied
    Swapped coils, which fixed nothing. Cleaned cap and rotor, which helped. Found that timing advance vacuum lines were on the dizzy backwards, fixed that.

While cleaning the cap and rotor, noticed that the rotor looked new in the middle and on one side, but had heavy carbon on the right edge, looking at it installed. Need to adjust ignition timing.

Leave a comment:

• gauge_half_inch
    replied
    Finally drove my turbo festy after sitting for 3 months with low compression on #4. Still low and pushing mass amounts of oil everywhere, but still running strong. I had almost forgotten how fun that car is to drive. Time to get moved into the new house and get the new engine assembled and installed before Indystiv.a

Leave a comment:

• 500dollarfestiva
    replied
    Choke Plate

My carb didn't have a choke plate, so I took one off of a Isuzu Impulse and modified it to fit.

Leave a comment:

• RazorWing
    replied
    I removed the door hinge screwed into my poor Festy, fixed the hatch latch, and put in a temporary caulk into the holes to keep rust from developing until I can give the holes a more permanent fix. One step at a time. ^_^

Leave a comment:

• scitzz
    replied
    Originally posted by link5186 View Post

I gave the lady back her tire iron and thanked her several times and she went along her way. I put the Mrs. to work getting ahold of my dad while I scrounged through everything to find anything I could use to cut or puncture the brake line. The wife joined in the search. Anything sharp, anything at all... Spare fuse? No, I can find something better. After several more minutes shuffling through what little was in the car and shouting things to look for: knife, razor blade, scraper, sharp pencil, scissors, cuticle nippers, finger nail clippers, pick. My wife interjects my listing with, "I've got tweezers and a roach clip."

Score!

So I take the alligator clip and use it like a saw to remove the rubber layer. I then took the tweezers and began digging at the nylon braid. I just can't quite get through. After about five minutes digging furiously trying to break my car to drive it home I think I'm close enough to blow it with the pedal. So I get up off the hot pavement and hop into the driver's seat and push as hard as I can... Pop! Now the moment of truth... Success!

The caliper released. The Mrs. called dad back while I limped home without brakes. That was my afternoon.

Sent from the bathroom via crapatalk.
    This is exactly why I don't even get out of bed without a knife in my pocket! I don't leave the house without a backup knife to my knife!

Leave a comment:

• link5186
    replied
    New-used hlas installed on the bullet.

Sent from the bathroom via crapatalk.

Leave a comment:

• Damkid
    replied
    Today I wired up non-heated O2 sensors into my festiva and then fired it up and it actually idles on its own again (still on the stock ECU)
    Last edited by Damkid; 07-15-2012, 02:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ford Fester
    replied
    Autocrossed junior in his b8 powah! Was fun but all over with street tires.

Leave a comment:

• Festiva_Fred
    replied
    89' Now has 245,000 miles!

Leave a comment:

• 2xclutchin
    replied
    Originally posted by fastivaca View Post
    Make sure you get shallow sprakers if you're mounting directly to the door. There's not much space to work with once the window is rolled down.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2
    Yup, they are quite shallow, can't remember the exact thickness. I'll make it work somehow though. Lol

Leave a comment:

• fastivaca
    replied
    Originally posted by 2xclutchin View Post
    Fixed my drivers side window, since the regulator randomly fell inside the door. Then, since the door card was off I looked at the fabled 5 1/4" speaker spots in the door and by golly they really are there. Even has a partial cut out in the door card. So next week I will be installing some 5.25" speakers in them!
    Make sure you get shallow speakers if you're mounting directly to the door. There's not much space to work with once the window is rolled down.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by fastivaca; 07-14-2012, 05:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Flyin4stroke
    replied
    ^yummy!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X