Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Going to be going to a shop and getting my windows tinted, will be nice before the summer heat really gets going, and should help the a/c immensely. Was able to get a groupon for a local shop that has a lifetime guarantee for a little over $100, and lots of happy customers. Can't wait!

Leave a comment:

• Meepersly
    replied
    Engine shut down on me while driving a/f meter said it wasn't getting fuel. Pump works got spark from dizzy going to look at it tonight

Sent from my HUAWEI H892L using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Haven't been driving it recently. But getting the urge to drive it again.

a couple weeks ago it shredded a belt enough to trip the battery light, and ran until the battery died.

Back in fully working order, and thinking of giving it a spray can paintjob in the near future, and juggling the idea around about selling the B6, and getting a BP swap. Also would love to get the windows tinted.

Leave a comment:

• navdoc101
    replied
    Just installed a Orange letter Tach. Cluster. I can see it much better. Getting old.
    I have a Orange letter Intermittent wiper stalk, & Climate Control pod.
    Now all I need is a Orange letter Light/Turn Signal stalk that will work on a '93.

Leave a comment:

• jason_
    replied
    I hate living in the Northern states. . No vehicle is worth putting money into. After about 5 years off the lot rust begins.

Sent from my s-off'ed m7 with CM11
    Last edited by jason_; 04-07-2016, 11:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BrannMuffinz
    replied
    I took out an after market Horn the previous owner installed, and hooked the original back up.

Leave a comment:

• Meepersly
    replied
    Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
    Those tail lights look great. There is nothing better than new.
    I love the turn signal location on these too

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    Those tail lights look great. There is nothing better than new.

Leave a comment:

• Meepersly
    replied
    Installed my new taillights from the festiva store

Leave a comment:

• muleskinner
    replied
    I finally put the Brake booster and master cylinder in Shadow last week. I had to replace the front brake calipers too.
    I drove it all week and the engine light comes on when I'm at cruising speed (40 to 65 miles an hour). When I slow down the light goes off.
    I don't understand what that could be?? Remember, I replaced the manifold and down pipe and used the same oxygen sensor. The welder guy got it out of the old manifold by heating it up and screwing it out. Maybe by heating up the sensor, it damaged it.
    I also put a manifold gasket on and a down pipe gasket. I didn't use any gasket sealer cause I couldn't find any info to use it.
    Anybody know what it could be?

Leave a comment:

• greywolf200
    replied
    I like that yellow car.......:thumbs_up:

Leave a comment:

• Brianliska
    replied
    Painted the wheels!

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    Wow. That is the reason my Festiva sits on big Douglas fir blocks every winter.
    Soon it will be time to come down. I can feel it.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 03-29-2016, 06:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ericsmith32
    replied
    It's been a long while since I've worked on or been around a Festiva. Sold mine 3 years ago. This one is dad's and has had it since 98 with 80k. Now has 254k and about toast. Going to replace the brake cylinder and shoes one the passenger side, repack and on the way home. Don't see put anything more into it. Still runs great and drives okay and averages 40+!

Leave a comment:

• 1990new
    replied
    Originally posted by Greywolf View Post
    I BROUGHT IT HOME!
    ~For one thing. $650.oo (USD) cash

I have the battery on charge on a ten amp cycle, but I doubt it's any good. It was fully discharged.

I also did a short and dirty engine bay cleanup. I don't trust engine cleaners on anything made out of rubber.

I gave the rest of the car a quick bath, since it was under pine trees. I'll go farther later.

TODAY IS MY VICTORY DAY! I just GOT IT - and that for me right now is enough.

I HAVE GOT IT! It's MINE now....

I don't know how to explain what that means, I was looking in this direction for many years.

~ But I'm guessin' ya feel me
    Great to hear... now we need a description and pictures. You will find about everything you need to know about your Festiva here.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X