Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• neanderpaul
    replied
    Originally posted by Ford Fester View Post
    Installed my underseat tray!
    Score!

Leave a comment:

• johnmt
    replied
    What did I do today? I put on some used 13" Nokia winter tires I got a while ago then drove around my yard to see if they hit anything. At that point, I found out that I forgot to tighten the (non-original) ball joint pinch bolt when I replaced the control arm last weekend. I found out when the ball joint stud freed itself from the knuckle. No apparent damage but spent a while in the rain getting things back in place. I put a stock bolt back in. The other bolt (probably 3/8") didn't fall out, it also didn't capture the groove in the stud. This all after I drove 70 miles round trip to work yesterday. Been sick the last few days and it hasn't helped my attention evidently!

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied
    Flushed my radiator. Installed radio bezel. Installed glove box. Cleaned it out. That was my 93 GL.

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    I would DEFINITELY use it. But then again, I have a paper route.

Leave a comment:

• Damkid
    replied
    I honestly don't see the big deal with the underseat trays (no offense to you) if I had one, I'd probably forget its even there :lol:

Leave a comment:

• Ford Fester
    replied
    Installed my underseat tray!

Leave a comment:

• getnpsi
    replied
    Originally posted by gauge_half_inch View Post
    Started running E85 in my b6 sohc turbo car, almost mostly tuned. Takes a lot more fuel...
    OOH nice. Will be watching for more updates. With e-40 I changed nothing on my other car and was able to enjoy zero knock at the same boost level. I might have lost a little output but it's the safest way to play. Id have to go up on the injectors to do more. I dont have a local enough pump to commit yet

Leave a comment:

• getnpsi
    replied
    the aspire's "city lights" are the tiny 192 bulb. They do not throw out any light but they light up the housing so other drivers can see you. At dusk or bad weather it's enough. In Eurppe they care about 'light pollution' in cities.

Leave a comment:

• htchbck
    replied
    This morning changed the oil in Green Car (finally! its been ~1000 miles since I put the motor back together :/ ). Also stuck the downpipe back in the hole where it has disconnected itself from the cat flange, and tried to figure out which side the bad rotor was on, or if its both... but its was raining so I gave up before figuring it out. I'll probably just replace both this weekend. Got 31.5mpg last tank which was 100% pizza delivery except driving to and from work. Not bad at all for an auto around these parts.

Leave a comment:

• crazyrog17
    replied
    Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
    I'm going to put city lights into my festiva housings so i can run a dim headlight like the aspires do.
    Please define city lights.

Another option would be HIDs (in projectors, of course). They're only 35 watts and are superior to halogens in many ways.

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied
    Finished up a rear trans mount job on a friend's festy. I did the steering rack boots, front trans/engine mount, and cleaned and reset a locked up parking brake 2 weeks ago. Advance sold us a rear mount for a manual. I ordered one from rock auto. SAME THING. :angry1:. I shaved the trans and used the one for the manual.

Leave a comment:

• getnpsi
    replied
    This thread does deserve a few awards. Yes its long length, and the award for the universal guilt trip that's thrown at people who see a bunch of updates in their mailbox when they haven't done a thing (me)

And you are right, a malfunctioning/poor alternator is going to hurt power output of the car more than a bunch of electrical items on full blast with a healthy alternator. Those hypermilers whine about a ~2mpg loss with their headlights on because it's wintertime but who knows if their charging systems suck ya know? The computer sees the drain and bumps the idle which burns gas just sitting at a stop light. I'm going to put city lights into my festiva housings so i can run a dim headlight like the aspires do.

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    Replaced alternator.

HOLY COW.

Didn't realize just how bad it was.

I can now:

-see my gauges
    -see the road ahead
    -be warm in the cabin

The car now:

-has more power
    -seatbelt moves quickly

AND!!!! I figure I'll see a HUGE jump in MPG.

Leave a comment:

• Christ
    replied
    Decided on a course of action: individual carbs on the b3.

Started a mild search for replacement body panels... Flooooooooooor pans!

The pinch point is folded on both sides, floors are gone in the corners up front, rockers are gone, lots of body work... Or rust neutralizer and fiberglass.

Thought about fitting my otto-R seats, possibly having a buddy make a fg single rear seat shell with 10"cutouts on either side.

Checking out the body work first, tho.

Leave a comment:

• gauge_half_inch
    replied
    Started running E85 in my b6 sohc turbo car, almost mostly tuned. Takes a lot more fuel...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X