Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlie1717
    replied
    Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
    Charie1717, that car I need to pickup from you, it already has the spare tire well cut out does it not?
    IIRC it also was rust free.
    No engine or tranny either!

Nerd, do you need an engine an tranny for this?
    Yes sir to all of the above. Rust free roller shell. No engine no trans and spare tire well is cut out.

Leave a comment:

• Pu241
    replied
    Charie1717, that car I need to pickup from you, it already has the spare tire well cut out does it not?
    IIRC it also was rust free.
    No engine or tranny either!

Nerd, do you need an engine an tranny for this?

Leave a comment:

• Nerd Racing
    replied
    Well I did this stuff yesterday...

Got it into the garage for the winter:

Got the rear swing arm removed rather easily with my air impact... that and the lack of rust helped a lot! Got all of that stuff out of the way to make room for this:

(note it's upside down in this pic)

Got it under the car and jacked it up... spare tire hump has to be cut out... I was hoping not to have to do that, but the car will sit a good 8" higher than stock if I don't remove it...

It seems like such a shame to cut out such a clean spare tire hump... That's dirt in the pic, not even a speck of rust...

My grinder was DOA yesterday so I need to go talk to tractor supply about that... less than 2 months old too, used it 3 times...

I've got a pretty good idea of what to use for the sub frame to mount the rear end as well... Just need to get some materials and fire up the welder!

Leave a comment:

• Joe Dirt
    replied
    Drove it to work speedo quit working at 6661 miles

Leave a comment:

• zoom zoom
    replied
    Originally posted by gmiller123 View Post
    I completed my BP swap today and I LOVE IT!
    Nice job! Where you keep gettin these bp's from lol!? that's your 3rd one isn't it?! you sold 2 in the fs forums right?

I got fed up with being sick for a minute and went out and did as much as I could on my car, sanding out surface rust that formed since my last sanding, and spraying some 2n1 primer/sealer on it.. I am to the stage it's time to deal with this crap.. but I'm not sure what to do exactly, use my grinder till it's all shiny metal on the outside, and bondo/fill it, or if I should invest in that Mig welder I've been wanting and cut it out and put new galvanized sheet metal in and maybe replace a section of the piece that hangs down? This was one of the primary reasons I decided to paint, this winter/salt would have made these rust spots way bigger...

2 spots here, this one is right below the rear of the driver door..

and this one is about 6" in front of the rear driver side wheel well

Leave a comment:

• gmiller123
    replied
    I completed my BP swap today and I LOVE IT!

Leave a comment:

• chrisofna
    replied
    Fixed my fuel sender to pick up all the fuel in the tank, and removes about 10 degrees of camber so I don't feather my tires to death.

Leave a comment:

• Flyin4stroke
    replied
    Did some more sanding and body work. Got the trans cleaned up. Had to tend to my daily more another week down. Sigh...

Leave a comment:

• fastivaca
    replied
    Put my snow tires on as well. Hankook Winter I-Pikes, 155-80-13 on Aspire steelies with Neos wheel covers.

Leave a comment:

• timmay89
    replied
    Put on the snow tires, did an oil change and cleaned up the air filter.

Mike and I also took a transmission out of a 2001 Honda Accord. I don't know what Honda was thinking throwing in all of that useless wiring

Leave a comment:

• gauge_half_inch
    replied
    Originally posted by Grey Vw View Post
    Rfl bov:headbang:
    By the way, it sounds amazing!

Leave a comment:

• Grey Vw
    replied
    Originally posted by gauge_half_inch View Post
    Installed my rfl bov today and adjusted it.
    Rfl bov:headbang:

Leave a comment:

• ELUSIVE
    replied
    Finally home from the outback, re-upholstering my sparco seats today.

Leave a comment:

• hamburglar
    replied
    Cut a hole in my roof and bondo'd in my sunroof.
    did the rough sand job and tomorrow skim coat and sand more.

Both my festys were down for a few days lol

Leave a comment:

• gauge_half_inch
    replied
    Installed my rfl bov today and adjusted it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X