Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jamesmc
    replied
    Originally posted by 91mcnasty View Post
    Did you have to cut it to get it to fit?
    Yeah, the spoiler has to be cut. It won't sit flat otherwise. Not much else involved though. My cuts weren't perfectly smooth, but after a nice coat of paint it looks just fine. All I had to do for the brake light was extend the wire. It plugs right in.

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    Use a 3500 v6. Same power, smaller size. More efficient. Less prone to fires. LOL

Leave a comment:

• 91mcnasty
    replied
    That's gonna Be alot more work than you think.

Leave a comment:

• Brayy
    replied
    Haha. that car did a low 10 second pass.. mind you that that car weighed 1.5tonne or 3400lb compared to our almost 800kg (correct me if im wrong) festiva's it should on a 400hp car pull at least a high 9 if set up for drag correctly.. so im saying 200hp would be more than enough.. i also did an eye measurement on the gear box and it would pull the engine + gearbox length to 350mm not sure if its short enough to fit but i will have a good measure session on sunday and confirm my findings.

Leave a comment:

• links56
    replied
    That would be sweet! I can't imagine a 400 horse festiva !

Leave a comment:

• Brayy
    replied
    yeah well i have done measurements and the engine will fit.. its not supercahrged its just the stock VT-VZ commodore 3.8tr v6 (200hp stock , have seen a 400hp turbo version o na vt in western australia...) the engine is about 160mm by 160mm without the radiator.. but to my measurements there is 80mm up front to put in a radiator.. the main problem is the length of the gearbox and diff width (easily modified unlike the gearbox length) also the air box on those cars is freaking huge but easily modified.. but if it fits im doing it for sure.. and if it gets done i will have to cruise your way..
    if it doesnt fit then my dreams are over xD

Leave a comment:

• Click_It
    replied
    Originally posted by Brayy View Post
    i measured up my engine bay to see if my ideas of a rwd buick l67 3.8Ltr V6 would fit.. seems that it will be nice and snug length wise but will require the radiator to be relocated further forward..
    I'm not up on my GMC engines but isn't the L67 the supercharged version? Are you going supercharged or N/A? Wow supercharged 3.8L would be a weapon! Hell even naturally aspirated 3800 would be crazy in a car as light as these. If you do this and once I've completed the BPT swap we've gotta go cruisin' together man. What a sight that will be

Leave a comment:

• Brayy
    replied
    i measured up my engine bay to see if my ideas of a rwd buick l67 3.8Ltr V6 would fit.. seems that it will be nice and snug length wise but will require the radiator to be relocated further forward..

Leave a comment:

• links56
    replied
    I looked at it and thought about what I would like to do.

Leave a comment:

• gauge_half_inch
    replied
    It's old rusty and way overdone. It will have to be removed on a lift. He plans on having the aspire swap I'm selling him installed buy a shop and they will be taking off. I will still get it from him to bring with.

Leave a comment:

• Pu241
    replied
    Any luck with my tow bar?

Leave a comment:

• gauge_half_inch
    replied
    Good idea. I'm building Festiva trailer this week and will definitely need a hitch. Lol. Pic-a-part had a festy with a hitch on it 2 weeks ago and I didn't have the time/tools to grab it and it was gone last weekend. So it looks like I'm gona steal your idea and chop and customize one off another car.

Leave a comment:

• kartracer46
    replied
    Originally posted by gauge_half_inch View Post
    What did you build the hitch from? That's a modified harbor freight tow bar isn't it?

I get hitches at PnP then cut chop and fab to fit. That one just happened to be an old Uhaul hitch I found on an Aerostar van. I usually just end up using the center section and building plates to fit the car. Yes the tow bar is Harbor Freight, I just build the box to fit the Festiva tow hooks and add the tow bar to it.
    Last edited by kartracer46; 06-22-2011, 06:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• kellen302
    replied
    Got a flat, at the dmv, luckily after my test, I PASSED, changed it, drove home at 52, Changed to real size from my 4 full spares to drive to school tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• gauge_half_inch
    replied
    Originally posted by kartracer46 View Post
    Well kinda did some work to Lucky today. I built a hitch and installed it. I also built another tow bar set up so I can once again tow Festiva's home. Tomorrow all I need to do is wire up the plug for my tow lights.

http://

http://
    What did you build the hitch from? That's a modified harbor freight tow bar isn't it?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X