Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990new
    replied
    Was my own dumb fault...got in too big of a hurry.
    I'll chock it up to a learning experience.

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied
    Arg. That bites man. Sorry to hear it.

Leave a comment:

• GenevaDirt
    replied
    Ahhh...I see...that could be an issue....would tick me off.

Leave a comment:

• 1990new
    replied
    Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
    is that the rack boot? I have to replace them on the LX but I have done it before...only took off each tie rod end though.
    That's the boot in the fire wall that the steering column shaft comes thru.
    Left and right rack boots were on the rebuilt rack (Kartracer did it for me and did a terrific job.)
    Here's a link to all the pictures I took. You can see the boot was in great shape when I installed the rack.
    Craziest thing I've ever seen. When I turned the steering wheel full left, it must have been caught somehow on the
    inside and just twisted in almost totally in two.
    Last edited by 1990new; 06-09-2011, 07:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• GenevaDirt
    replied
    Originally posted by 1990new View Post
    Junkyard Save:
    Installed rebuilt rack, new outer tie rod ends and new moog LCA's.

When you get your rack installed and start turning the steering wheel to check the lineup, don't keep turning the steering wheel if you get resistance.
    I did, and here's what happened.
    Apparently the edge of the inside of the boot got caught in the universal joint and almost ripped it in half. I got it back around and I'm going to try to seal the boot with something as a temporary fix. Getting a replacement boot for the long term. Trouble is, I have to take everything out again.
    But since I've done it once, it will be easier when I do it again in a couple of weeks.

Ole Yeller:
    Installed new sway bar bushings. Steering and rest of suspension was good on Ole Yeller.
    is that the rack boot? I have to replace them on the LX but I have done it before...only took off each tie rod end though.

Leave a comment:

• Zanzer
    replied
    Started cleaning a cylinder head that I going to rebuild for Taz's 90 (Mabel) and then pulled the motor out of Taz's 89. It has a nice hole in the top of piston #3 :???:

Leave a comment:

• 1990new
    replied
    Junkyard Save:
    Installed rebuilt rack, new outer tie rod ends and new moog LCA's.

When you get your rack installed and start turning the steering wheel to check the lineup, don't keep turning the steering wheel if you get resistance.
    I did, and here's what happened.
    Apparently the edge of the inside of the boot got caught in the universal joint and almost ripped it in half. I got it back around and I'm going to try to seal the boot with something as a temporary fix. Getting a replacement boot for the long term. Trouble is, I have to take everything out again.
    But since I've done it once, it will be easier when I do it again in a couple of weeks.

Ole Yeller:
    Installed new sway bar bushings. Steering and rest of suspension was good on Ole Yeller.

Leave a comment:

• kartracer46
    replied
    Been working on a white 92GL i plan to sell, gonna put a pair of new horns on Lucky tomorrow and get Twizted out and install a new battery and give him a bath.

Leave a comment:

• walth
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesmc View Post
    Tinted my rear windows 20% to help with the heat. I didn't expect it to be such a pain to do. Takes forever and they didn't turn out perfect as expected. Anyone have a certain method or tips to help before I do the fronts/hatch?
    park under a tree, roll down the windows, get in the hatch and close it and that's what Nate's told me about when he did it.

patience is your next best strategy

Leave a comment:

• jamesmc
    replied
    Tinted my rear windows 20% to help with the heat. I didn't expect it to be such a pain to do. Takes forever and they didn't turn out perfect as expected. Anyone have a certain method or tips to help before I do the fronts/hatch?

Leave a comment:

• inkswitch
    replied
    finished making my speaker mount and put the metal pipe thing that the coolant goes threw<had to get a new one>

Leave a comment:

• Christ
    replied
    Originally posted by link5186 View Post
    How inspiring!

I spent some time trying to figure out why my idle is a bit surge-y.

Sent from the bathroom via crapatalk
    Hey, I could have quoted "foot steps" in the first person...

Leave a comment:

• link5186
    replied
    Originally posted by Christ View Post
    Keep at it...
    How inspiring!

I spent some time trying to figure out why my idle is a bit surge-y.

Sent from the bathroom via crapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Christ
    replied
    Keep at it...

Leave a comment:

• 89newb
    replied
    Drove it down a road, pushed it back down a road, screamed at it out of frustration

Leave a comment:

Working...
X