Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fastivaca
    replied
    Found some new (to me) wheels to put on the car when the Aspire swap is complete and I can afford some new tires. Similar to this one except mine are not polished and are just a silver color.

They're 13x5 INTRA wheels made for Toyota. The tires that came with them are shot so I will replace them some 185-60-13 Sumitomos. I'll wear out the Falken 175-60-13s that are currently on the Aspire steelies first though and then switch to the "new" shoes!

Leave a comment:

• freshtiva
    replied
    Originally posted by Gomez View Post
    What is your location. That second car looks very much like my old '90 L-Plus. I would guess not because mine had a wing and didn't have rear wipers (very tedious mod to do). My Paint was identical.
    Thats what I was thinking. Wing removal and a wiper install...two hour job.

Leave a comment:

• Gomez
    replied
    Originally posted by lesterm View Post
    I tinted the windows on my 88, with a little help from my neighbor.
    What is your location. That second car looks very much like my old '90 L-Plus. I would guess not because mine had a wing and didn't have rear wipers (very tedious mod to do). My Paint was identical.

Leave a comment:

• lesterm
    replied
    I tinted the windows on my 88, with a little help from my neighbor.

Leave a comment:

• navdoc101
    replied
    LED Cluster lights

Pics in" 'Tiva After" album in profile. Lights are awsome! Thanks Bebandit!!:cherry:

Leave a comment:

• kartracer46
    replied
    Sucessfully rebuilt and installed an AISAN carb. I now have another spare to rebuild, lol.

Leave a comment:

• navdoc101
    replied
    Finished LED cluster lights. Pics tonite. Backed 'Tiva up on my ramps and climed under her. NO rust on rear axle, drumbs or anyplace I can see. The underside is undercoated.:iconbiggrin: Intake to muffler was rusted thru, time for a magnaflow! No wonder its so darn loud inside!

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
    I sprayed starting fluid around the throttle body, pcv, and air tube on cream puff. Can't locate the cause of a stumble. It REALLY feels like a vacuum leak. Under mild acceleration it loses power for a moment then recovers. Under heavy acceleration it hits a wall and then recovers. It also has a weird idle. It will fall to 500 rpms and stay and sometimes it will go to 1200 and stay. It is also a little rough. You can feel it in the pedals. As oppoesed to a perfectly smooth festy idle.

When I got it it had that rough idle and varied by 200 rpms.

What I've done since then....
    Plugs, wires, distributor cap, rotor button, fuel filter, air filter.
    Installed ac.
    Mine will idle weird as well. It will idle at 1000RPM then at the next light its at 700RPM. Hot or cold. The needle shakes at 700RPM and the idle is a bit rough but not teeth rattling bad. Runs great otherwise. Just thought I'd let you know you're not alone on the weird idle.

So far today I removed the tow bar mounts. Those things are quite heavy.
    I cleaned all the junk out of the hatch. I had a big toolbox, jack stands, jack, etc. The car is noticeably faster just from removing all that stuff... wow.
    I changed the thermostat. My car would barely heat up the past few days during the weird 40-50 degrees. It only had a single valve and the stat from my old engine was a double valve. Probably original too. Heats up quicker now.
    Removed the heat shield after the cat to see if that where the annoying rattle was coming from. Not too sure yet, but I haven't heard it.

Currently getting insurance.

Leave a comment:

• crazyrog17
    replied
    Convinced myself to tint the windows this week. I'll take pictures, I know we love them here!

Leave a comment:

• blitzbuggy
    replied
    I installed my kybs and lowering springs, ad well as my short shifter! Next up is to find the source on my stumbling

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied
    I sprayed starting fluid around the throttle body, pcv, and air tube on cream puff. Can't locate the cause of a stumble. It REALLY feels like a vacuum leak. Under mild acceleration it loses power for a moment then recovers. Under heavy acceleration it hits a wall and then recovers. It also has a weird idle. It will fall to 500 rpms and stay and sometimes it will go to 1200 and stay. It is also a little rough. You can feel it in the pedals. As oppoesed to a perfectly smooth festy idle.

When I got it it had that rough idle and varied by 200 rpms.

What I've done since then....
    Plugs, wires, distributor cap, rotor button, fuel filter, air filter.
    Installed ac.

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied
    Originally posted by The_Collector View Post
    dog in the road Friday night. I see the dog every few days...might not swerve next time. I swerved and 180'd right into a sand hill/tree pile that's in my neighborhood. At least it was the back end that took the damage though so I'm thankful for that.

The hatch i'm putting on it keeps bottoming out, either somethings Really outta wack or i'm completely missing something. The body lines appear to be straight when it's almost shut but it just bottoms out.
    I see some REALLY good news in that pic. Hatches are common. Glass is too. The spoiler however is rare! So glad it didn't get damaged.

Leave a comment:

• kartracer46
    replied
    Changed oil in Twizted for the third time since I installed the motor. It's starting to come out clean again.

Leave a comment:

• The_Collector
    replied
    dog in the road Friday night. I see the dog every few days...might not swerve next time. I swerved and 180'd right into a sand hill/tree pile that's in my neighborhood. At least it was the back end that took the damage though so I'm thankful for that.

The hatch i'm putting on it keeps bottoming out, either somethings Really outta wack or i'm completely missing something. The body lines appear to be straight when it's almost shut but it just bottoms out.

Leave a comment:

• boydg1
    replied
    .... Nice crinkle job there. Even IF I do say so myself.

Originally posted by The_Collector View Post
    Putting another hatch on my bpt car....

sad sad day

I actually had a spare hatch for it. I just can't seem to get it aligned so it will shut.....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X