Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• neanderpaul
    replied
    I have to say what I did to mine in the last 4 days.
    1.Installed a complete factory a.c. system from a carbed festiva.
    2. plugs
    3. plug wires
    4. Distributor cap
    5. rotor button
    6. fuel filter
    7. air filter
    8. oil filter
    9. oil
    10 wiper blades front
    11. wiper blade rear
    12. Rain-x
    13. cleaned all the windows
    14. Vacuumed
    15. sprayed another set of 12" steelies black.
    16. Put another set of chrome trim rings on
    17. put center caps on
    18. put in some floor mats

Steps 2-18 were done today. Along with having my new a.c. pressure checked and filled and a new receiver drier installed.

All of this to prep for the spring meet! Clemson here we come!

Leave a comment:

• ejp2fast
    replied
    Originally posted by walth View Post
    sweet!! well, did you install it or you've just got pics of rolled tint? lol
    i had the tint done... guy at work used to do it full time... waiting to wash/wax the car to look perty

Leave a comment:

• walth
    replied
    Originally posted by ejp2fast View Post
    just got 20% tint... pics coming.....
    sweet!! well, did you install it or you've just got pics of rolled tint? lol

Leave a comment:

• ejp2fast
    replied
    just got 20% tint... pics coming.....

Leave a comment:

• htchbck
    replied
    yep, I'm thinking radiator at lunch time, then after work head home and get the mount before I go in for pizza delivery tonight . We're at the end of the mail line so we don't get our mail till around 4PM . But either way, I'm just glad we're taking the festiva to the meet

Leave a comment:

• kartracer46
    replied
    Originally posted by htchbck View Post
    Figured out for sure that Babystiva is leaking from the radiator itself and not the top radiator hose... good news is that the new rad should be here by 12:30 so I can put it in today. Babystiva should still be making the trip to Clemson this weekend

cool and the rear mount should be there too.:blob4:

Leave a comment:

• htchbck
    replied
    Figured out for sure that Babystiva is leaking from the radiator itself and not the top radiator hose... good news is that the new rad should be here by 12:30 so I can put it in today. Babystiva should still be making the trip to Clemson this weekend

Leave a comment:

• Safety Guy
    replied
    You get the new bushings at any Mazda dealer.

Part number is #46-062.

See this thread:

Post your Festiva or Aspire repair and maintenance issues. - USE THIS FORUM FOR ANY TECHNICAL RELATED POST (IE. How do I change my oil?, How to remove axle from tranny?, etc)

It has a pic of the dealer page on shifters.

Karl
    Last edited by Safety Guy; 04-07-2011, 06:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post

Put on new shifter bushings at the shifter bottom. Nice! Feels like a new car again. Well, a "new" 1991 124K mile Festiva with lotsa rust underneath my original paint and rivets art work.

Karl
    Where do you get the bushings?

Leave a comment:

• thered56
    replied
    Slammed the front of Rustiva!

hahaha j/k
    Me and my buddy (Rustiva's owner) pulled the B3, or more correctly dropped it, with atx tranny (and driver's side axle shaft) attached. Then we lifted the front of the car up and over the engine rolling it on the back wheels. When we set it down it looked like the front was slammed. We had to get a picture of that with a wheel in there! I also tidied up my car shelter a bit. Darn neighbours cats like to chill in my car shelter and sometime leave their business behind! grrr I love cats...but...

Leave a comment:

• kartracer46
    replied
    finally got my cooling fan working and started to clean it up for the SC meet.

Leave a comment:

• DrMaxwellEdison
    replied
    will have to look at that tomorrow? How's everything treating you on your side of Thomas Terrace?

Leave a comment:

• walth
    replied
    it's a stupid design. if you're at the front of the car looking down at the water pump there's sort of a T off the main line that travels behind the manifold and goes over the tranny. near the "t" it's a pressure fit with an o-ring, or two...they leak after a while

Leave a comment:

• DrMaxwellEdison
    replied
    hmmmmm

Originally posted by walth View Post
    removed the exhaust manifold and down tube; tried to fix the leak in the o-ring bypass tube but had to put the old o-rings back in. Installed tubular aspire exhaust mani and reused festi DT.
    interestingly enough I just did the same thing with an Aspire Mani and Festi DT.... O-ring Bypass tube? wheres that?

Leave a comment:

• Safety Guy
    replied
    Got Aqua ready for a long trip coming up in the next couple weeks. Put on a right side mirror. It's a power mirror someone had cut the wires short so I'm just using it "as is" and it continues the "don't match Mutt" look.

Put on new shifter bushings at the shifter bottom. Nice! Feels like a new car again. Well, a "new" 1991 124K mile Festiva with lotsa rust underneath my original paint and rivets art work.

Karl

Leave a comment:

Working...
X