Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I always just put some brake fluid in a bottle, then use a piece of old washer fluid hose, and submerge one end in the bottle of fluid, and the other on the bleed nipple.
    1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
    2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
    1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Threw in some 21" wire wheels......., heck we even threw in some 19" wire wheels.
      Well the 21's are for our Model T and the 19's are for a Model A.
      We got 6 T wheels and 2 A wheels in the tevia!
      20151218_134545.jpg
      Whoa, that was fun!

Comment

• Added more to my Oil stockpile.

Autozone is clearing out the oil they aren't selling very well. All $2 a quart, plus my 20 percent employee discount. All 10w-30 Got 15 Quarts of Castrol Syntec Advanced Full Synthetic, for $25 including tax. Picked up 7 Quarts of Quaker State Advanced Durability Full Synthetic. (With a still valid rebate, where I get $2 back a quart, so with my discount, Quaker State will be give ME money for taking their oil. lol) 5 or 6 quarts of Mobile 1 High Mileage.

And for my girlfriends Neon, 5 Quarts of Pennzoil Ultra Platinum Full Synthetic. Had to get that in 5w-20 because for some reason they decided for the very last model year to change from 5w-30, to 5w-20. So I couldn't use any of my stock piled Kendall Syth-Blend With Titanium.

I would recommend anyone to look at their local Autozone right now, they don't advertise this, so you just have to go in and look at the oil rack to see what they have clearanced. If they haven't changed the prices yet, have them look up oil for your Festiva, and their computers should list all the oil, and at what prices. I am pretty sure it will show both 5w30 and 10w30. Every stor will have different oils clearanced, they are currently changing the oil planogram based on what oils sell best in certain areas.

They're also getting rid of the Autozone branded oil jugs, and they are switching to STP branded oil. Probably the same exact stuff, but just a different bottle. This stuff isn't clearanced, though.

Other than that, I put in one of those fancy new Sylvania LED bulbs to replace my blown out dome bulb. Expensive though $12 for a bulb, but they have a lifetime warranty. I think as my bulbs blow and I don't have any spares, I will be switching them out for LEDs. Granted one of those ebay ones with the large panel full of LEDs probably would have provided better light, and probably for the same price.
        These new Sylvania bulbs do have ballasts built into them, so you don't have to worry about fast blinking turn signals, like with those garbage Pilot brand LED bulbs.
        Last edited by TorqueEffect; 12-18-2015, 10:11 PM.
        1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
        2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
        1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Finally upgraded my rear coils to aspire coils . A lil high for my liking but no more tires scrapping.

Since they didnt sell, decided to change my tailights. Thanks festivastore for nice and affortable taillight gaskets. i think im liking these more that my 91s

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Now, you only need a Ford badge to plug the two holes above the right rear tail light.

I took my fuel door in for welding today.
            I will post a vid after it's painted and installed.
            Last edited by bravekozak; 12-19-2015, 07:23 PM.

Comment

• uploadfromtaptalk1450572909423.jpg

Put an over complex intake on miogi. Was getting tired of seeing the old protege intake hose.

Sent from my Z936L using Tapatalk
              88 Ford Festiva LX "Miogi" B8-ME swapped.

93 Ford Festiva L "Haywire" Rat infested trashcan WIP

Comment

• Today, I bought my first Festiva. From a barn, it looked like yellow/white dusty chalk. So, I stopped at Home Depot for a Ryobi 18v buffer and after a three hour wash n' wax she's shining! -Ran out of daylight so tomorrow's cleaning interior.

Comment

• Originally posted by meyek91974 View Post
                  Today, I bought my first Festiva. From a barn, it looked like yellow/white dusty chalk. So, I stopped at Home Depot for a Ryobi 18v buffer and after a three hour wash n' wax she's shining! -Ran out of daylight so tomorrow's cleaning interior.
                  Nice! I wish I could find a barn festiva

Sent from my Z936L using Tapatalk
                  88 Ford Festiva LX "Miogi" B8-ME swapped.

93 Ford Festiva L "Haywire" Rat infested trashcan WIP

Comment

Today, I bought my first Festiva. From a barn, it looked like yellow/white dusty chalk. So, I stopped at Home Depot for a Ryobi 18v buffer and after a three hour wash n' wax she's shining! -Ran out of daylight so tomorrow's cleaning interior.
                    ttiwwp

Comment

• Got it for $900. Still had some gas in it, so I test drove it. Then, from Indiana to it's new home in Kentucky. Can't tell so much that there's suspension issues or that someone put oversized thirteen inch wheels; There is not much room under there. However, once having it home I realized the gas key is different and the previous owner doesn't know where it'd be. - so if I drill it out to be able to put gas in it, where would I find this odd key cylinder without spending $$$?

Comment

• I was fighting dark as I was finishing. I'll get a pic n the morning

Comment

Got it for $900. Still had some gas in it, so I test drove it. Then, from Indiana to it's new home in Kentucky. Can't tell so much that there's suspension issues or that someone put oversized thirteen inch wheels; There is not much room under there. However, once having it home I realized the gas key is different and the previous owner doesn't know where it'd be. - so if I drill it out to be able to put gas in it, where would I find this odd key cylinder without spending $$$?
                          I may be missing something here... but the fuel door on all the Festivas that I have ever owned would open with any key. Not a real lock at all.

Comment

• I was fighting dark as I was finishing. I'll get a pic n the morning

Comment

• The first day I have it and 3 people have asked to buy 'er!20151220_001230.jpg20151220_001212.jpg20151219_083925-1-1.jpg

Comment

• YAY -The gas door lock level was just stuck with rusty gunk.
                                I guess what I'm cleaning first tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                                X