Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
    Actually I am being a dummy, unless there is a actual leak on the IAC itself, which is highly unlikely, it is still metered air, so it wouldn't be a vacuum leak, but probably would cause a high idle if the valve wasn't closing enough.
    Perhaps taking it off and putting some wd-40 in it? Do a vacuum leak test with a cigar?

Sent from my Z936L using Tapatalk
    88 Ford Festiva LX "Miogi" B8-ME swapped.

93 Ford Festiva L "Haywire" Rat infested trashcan WIP

Comment

• Replaced most of the rubber vacuum caps with vinyl caps that won't dry rot in like 5 secs like the rubber ones do.
      Originally posted by Meepersly View Post
      Perhaps taking it off and putting some wd-40 in it? Do a vacuum leak test with a cigar?

Sent from my Z936L using Tapatalk
      That's one thing i haven't tried yet.
      1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
      2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
      1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Originally posted by Festivanoob View Post
        what did you use to paint your alloys ? thinking of doing this on mine
        The is an Akzo Nobel/U-tech Single Stage.....very durable stuff....you can drag a knife point across it and it hardly scratches it.....unlike a clear coated paint job the knife point dug right in. So it was one step to apply after the sealer and wah lah.......I love it......it can take a good scrubbing too and I'm not afraid to bump it........I'm not careless with my car but I don't want to be all freaky about and worry if it something gets laid on it or bumped by a shopping car....I painted it to drive and enjoy..right?
        92 GL, 98k
        77 Chevy shortbed

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
          Replaced most of the rubber vacuum caps with vinyl caps that won't dry rot in like 5 secs like the rubber ones do.

That's one thing i haven't tried yet.
          Or it could just be a matter of adjusting the idle. My 1.8l runs at a high idle. I plan to lower it eventually right now on start up it runs at 2k and drops to 1.5k seems a bit high to me. I did move the adjust screw and it helped but I need to do it some more. Oh! I just remembered there is an Allen screw in the top of the idle air control valve if you turn it I believe it adjusts the amount of spring tension or just the air amount. You could try adjusting that.

Sent from my HUAWEI H892L using Tapatalk
          88 Ford Festiva LX "Miogi" B8-ME swapped.

93 Ford Festiva L "Haywire" Rat infested trashcan WIP

Comment

• I picked up my Revolution dome/courtesy light dimmer on Friday and sent out Festiva parcels to 1990new, Advacedynamix, Missy, sketchman and festyxfi. I looked under my dash and could not see the Revolution fuel pump controller. Since I need to share wiring, the dimmer project will have to wait for warmer weather in the spring. The driver's seat needs to be removed.

I laid a piece of 2X3 across both armrests to determine where I need to bend the foot pads on my Kamei center armrest so that the height is identical. The feet will have to bolt to the seat mounting studs, which are both on different angles. Wierd, non-symmetrical design.

I have decided to have the drink holder be under the padding of the center armrest. I am not going to have a bracket made for the dash. I am investigating which vertical drink support to use. Oddly enough, I was able to lay a glass bottle of Snapple horizontally inside the stock cubby beneath the center armrest. I know Kamei has refrigerated cubbies. I also know I still have an unused fuse bay in my fuse block. Hmmm!
            Last edited by bravekozak; 01-10-2016, 04:57 PM.

Comment

• I filled up the tank on Nellie this afternoon. Took 9.5 gallons and cost $15.19 ($1.599 per gal)
              Last time I filled her up was 08/17/2015. Took 9.3 gallons and cost $18.49 ($1.999 per gal)

I also removed the plastic windshield defroster vents from Rosie and cleaned the
              metal part of the inside fire wall, the wiring harness, relays, antenna wire and speedometer cable.
              I had already remove the vinyl backed padding that hangs at the top of the firewall. I cleaned it too.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1990new View Post
                I filled up the tank on Nellie this afternoon. Took 9.5 gallons and cost $15.19 ($1.599 per gal)
                Last time I filled her up was 08/17/2015. Took 9.3 gallons and cost $18.49 ($1.999 per gal)

I also removed the plastic windshield defroster vents from Rosie and cleaned the
                metal part of the inside fire wall, the wiring harness, relays, antenna wire and speedometer cable.
                I had already remove the vinyl backed padding that hangs at the top of the firewall. I cleaned it too.
                Wow, thats cheap! Here in alberta we usually have the lowest or close to the lowest prices in the country and its the equivalent of $3/gallon here now. ($0.79/L)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by avitsefdrof View Post
                  The is an Akzo Nobel/U-tech Single Stage.....very durable stuff....you can drag a knife point across it and it hardly scratches it.....unlike a clear coated paint job the knife point dug right in. So it was one step to apply after the sealer and wah lah.......I love it......it can take a good scrubbing too and I'm not afraid to bump it........I'm not careless with my car but I don't want to be all freaky about and worry if it something gets laid on it or bumped by a shopping car....I painted it to drive and enjoy..right?
                  Right on! I'll have to see if I can find that stuff up here in Canada !

Comment

• Refreshed engine

Brought a freshly rebuilt Miata block with B6T parts home to the garage, and painted the block to more or less match the car and valve cover.
                    Total seal gapless rings, ARP head studs, Mazda head gasket, race bearings, redecked head and block, 3 angle valve grind.
                    It's exciting!
                    Now to put the rest together and get it back in the race car.
                    Thricetiva replaced Icetiva as the new ride
                    Icetiva-3-race-car-build
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2533299

Comment

• Put neon yellow Enkeis on Pedro.
                      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• tried to find the 2 festiva's in the driveway and dig them out.

20160123_094234_resized.jpg

20160123_094227_resized.jpg
                        Whoa, that was fun!

Comment

• Cleaned the underside of Afina's hood! Sounds dirty and was! Lookout Pedro

Comment

• Thanks for posting the pic of the underside of your hood. It made me remember to use a piece of clear lexan to mark the mounting hole locations to adapt an X-Terra insulator. I just finished sawing and drilling my center armrest mounting brackets about ten minutes ago. I enjoy modding stuff that should have been stock.

Comment

• Destroyed 2nd and 3rd gear in my G25mr transmission Sunday, and probably the differential too, while ice racing. I am suspicious an axle went bad and took out the gears, given the way one axle was hopping in an earlier race, but that could be just a bad shock.
                              Getting motivated to take it apart and do the post-mortem is going to be really hard after the months of hard work that went into getting ready for the first race of the season.
                              Last edited by Icedawg; 01-25-2016, 11:12 AM.
                              Thricetiva replaced Icetiva as the new ride
                              Icetiva-3-race-car-build
                              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2533299

Comment

• Originally posted by Icedawg View Post
                                Destroyed 2nd and 3rd gear in my G25mr transmission Sunday, and probably the differential too, while ice racing. I am suspicious an axle went bad and took out the gears, given the way one axle was hopping in an earlier race, but that could be just a bad shock.
                                Getting motivated to take it apart and do the post-mortem is going to be really hard after the months of hard work that went into getting ready for the first race of the season.
                                That sucks. How was the new motor working?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X