Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damkid
    replied

I'll answer your question just so you drop the damn subject and leave me alone about it, but after this i'm done responding

It's like beating a dead horse here

The burnt section will interfere with any tip I put there.... So originally I didn't want to cut it just to add a tip if it wasn't necessary... Cause I spent a lot of money and wasn't gunna cut it up if I didn't have too.... Now it's proven necessary... So I will now cut the burnt section out... which is needed for clearance to add a 2-1/2" tip and there will be no signs of the damage left

Hence why I don't care and find it funny
    Last edited by Damkid; 04-27-2014, 09:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jawbraeka
    replied
    But you said you thought it might be a problem?

All good by man.. Sorry it happened to the better man in this situation..

I was only giving feedback cause I'd be shattered if it were me.. Spending all that money on a bumper to have that happen.. I'd be pissed actually.

Sent from the depths of hell.

Leave a comment:

• Damkid
    replied
    Originally posted by jawbraeka View Post
    Well if you knew that v6 would issues like this.. Why leave it to become an issue?

Just like why would I try a V6 swap cause everyone "thinks" it won't fit

Until you push the limits, you don't know what's gunna fit, function or break.... It's how you learn.... I under-estimated the temperatures at the tailpipe and i learned, so I shared a pic so other can learn as well

Leave a comment:

• jawbraeka
    replied
    Well if you knew that v6 would issues like this.. Why leave it to become an issue?

Leave a comment:

• Damkid
    replied
    OK.. Sorry for putting my feedback in.. But I don't think I have the issue here.

You put it up as a problem.. Not me.. I just provided feedback and tbh thinking a v6 isn't going to cause you issues in regards to running hotter really isn't my issue... Considering I presumed you would have taken that into account.

All good no hard feelings.

I didn't ask for your feedback.... I put up the pic as something to laugh at... I laughed at my burnt bumper.... I didn't post it "as a problem"

Where the hell did I say "can I get advice on exhaust tips to fix this problem".... I'm not stupid, I know what I need to do

I had a hunch this problem would come up because i know festivas were never meant for a V6 but I don't post a thread every time I "think" of a possible issue I might encounter.... But I'll post pics of the aftermath, like I did

Leave a comment:

• Gomez
    replied
    Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
    Makes me wonder if my B3 exhaust setup is choking the B6 and causing my idle issues.
    Eurotiva has the fastest Festiva on record using a BPT using the stock Festiva exhaust. No way you are choking yours any more than his unless it is plugged. Plus if it was choking, your idle would be slower. I would start with the things that Matt didn't try.

Leave a comment:

• jawbraeka
    replied
    OK.. Sorry for putting my feedback in.. But I don't think I have the issue here.

You put it up as a problem.. Not me.. I just provided feedback and tbh thinking a v6 isn't going to cause you issues in regards to running hotter really isn't my issue... Considering I presumed you would have taken that into account.

All good no hard feelings.

Leave a comment:

• Damkid
    replied

It was just a suggestion.. I didn't say you had to do it.. However I did say it would look good with one.
    I simply mention adding an exhaust tip to save my bumper and you drill me with questions and what you think I should do with MY car... And you wonder why people get annoyed with you...

Be your own person.. I was just giving my input..

I plan on it

/rant over
    Last edited by Damkid; 04-27-2014, 08:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• defprun
    replied
    At first it was my fuel pump, since Im running an aspire motor and still had a festiva pump

Leave a comment:

• defprun
    replied
    I was having that problem, sometimes the car wouldnt start. Vapor lock?

How's your ignitor?

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Originally posted by defprun View Post
    Do you have issues with trying to start your car after you just shut it off?
    Nope, none at all.

Leave a comment:

• defprun
    replied
    Do you have issues with trying to start your car after you just shut it off?
    Last edited by defprun; 04-27-2014, 07:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Originally posted by defprun View Post
    Resonator that looks like it was added by the previous owner started falling off...making the entire exhaust sag. I cut it off and ghetto'd a flex pipe in there for now. My stumbling idle has pretty much been cured! Pieces of the resonator were clogging the exhaust for sure.

Didnt bother with an exhaust shop since Im going BP soon.
    Makes me wonder if my B3 exhaust setup is choking the B6 and causing my idle issues.

It is a B6 manifold, but everything else is oem Festiva diameter pipes chopped and welded together, but does have a mesh flex pipe instead of a cat.
    Last edited by TorqueEffect; 04-27-2014, 07:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jawbraeka
    replied
    Originally posted by Damkid View Post
    Why would I do what SHO guys do? That's not my style to follow in line with everyone else

I don't have an SHO engine and its a festiva

The style of tip will made of steel, possibly from china, I don't care, something simple to keep the hot exhaust from burning up my bumper

Hell I don't care if locate the muffler more forward and put a downward tip on it so it blows the exhaust towards the road, as long as I don't cause more heat damage

I'll find something local that's simple and works
    It was just a suggestion.. I didn't say you had to do it.. However I did say it would look good with one.

Be your own person.. I was just giving my input..

Leave a comment:

• defprun
    replied
    Resonator that looks like it was added by the previous owner started falling off...making the entire exhaust sag. I cut it off and ghetto'd a flex pipe in there for now. My stumbling idle has pretty much been cured! Pieces of the resonator were clogging the exhaust for sure.

Didnt bother with an exhaust shop since Im going BP soon.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X