My KLZE Festiva Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dueces View Post
    Does He own the PRM Probe? That car is a beast, beings as it's NA!!!!

and what I was meaning is that the VAF really isn't a restriction, it actually has pretty good volume, but most want it out of there cause 1 its an eye sore, 2 they think it will restict the airflow, which it might, but my car ran really damn good for still having it there...
    This is his car, it hasn't been raced in a couple years now though

Chances are i will run the VAF right away, just so i don't start doing TOO much all at once, so that way it'll be finished by spring time then later i'll eliminate the VAF

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• What is his name? Do you know if he is on Probetalk? That car doesn't look that familiar, so it would be cool to know some more info on it....
      93 Probe GT-Twincharged-11.992@115mph 10lbs
      -11.940@111.66mph 14lbs(Slipping clutch)
      123.7mph highest trap
      95 Probe GT-RWD-4.8LS-Turbo in process-10.240@135.3mph, Turboed, 3300 race weight

Comment

• ^^The guys name is Victor, i think he was on probetalk at one point in time, it has a carbon fibre hood as well but otherwise stock looking

It's probably been upwards of 5 years since he built it and was racing it all the time

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Intake manifold mounted M62 would go great with a larger turbo combo :twisted:
          89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
          94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
          2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
          1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

• Oh Ok, yeah I remember now, I forgot his car was red....
            93 Probe GT-Twincharged-11.992@115mph 10lbs
            -11.940@111.66mph 14lbs(Slipping clutch)
            123.7mph highest trap
            95 Probe GT-RWD-4.8LS-Turbo in process-10.240@135.3mph, Turboed, 3300 race weight

Comment

• Hey, if you just happen to have a chance, would you weigh your spare KL block compared to the B6T? I figure it'll be heavier but I want to know exactly how much.

When did you cut the top brace out?
              Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
              1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
              2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
              2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisofna View Post
                Hey, if you just happen to have a chance, would you weigh your spare KL block compared to the B6T? I figure it'll be heavier but I want to know exactly how much.

When did you cut the top brace out?
                Chances are I won't get a chance to weigh the KL but if I can I will, and I cut the upper rad support when I first installed the V6 last winter

Comment

• Very nice. I'm excited to see this!
                  91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
                  14 C7 Z51

Comment

• sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet ill be watching this one

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                    1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

• I'll be watching this!

About the turbo(s)

1 turbo?
                      2 turbos?
                      Rear mount?
                      Which turbo(s)?
                      Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                      '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                      '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

• You should make an intake and put an M90 or M112 on it instead of turboing it, I've always wanted to see a supercharger sticking out of the hood of a Festiva.

Thanks if you can weigh that for me.
                        Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
                        1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
                        2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
                        2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nerd Racing View Post
                          Intake manifold mounted M62 would go great with a larger turbo combo :twisted:
                          way ahead of ya!
                          89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                          94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                          2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                          1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

• +1 for your rep sir!

Very nice! can't wait to see the finished product on the dyno and then the track!

1993 Festiva L, aspire swapped, selling parts for a BP+T build.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPT View Post
                              I'll be watching this!

About the turbo(s)

1 turbo?
                              2 turbos?
                              Rear mount?
                              Which turbo(s)?
                              Single turbo mounted behind the drivers headlight and it'll probably be an hx35 or hy35

And as for a supercharger, no thanks, I want to keep everything hidden under the hood
                              Last edited by Damkid; 10-19-2010, 06:51 PM.

Comment

• I love my Hx35! It's a Beast!
                                '93 BP-T 57trim TO4E - Coilovers - 13x7 steelies - 175/60 - 48k mi

Comment

Working...
                                X