Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    IMG_20121230_131648.jpgIMG_20121230_131729.jpg

For a $20 pair of speakers, they are not bad, they have real good bass and sound for their price, and ten times better than that stock Audiovox junk.
    I don't see the point in putting high-dollar audio systems into a car as rusty and beat up as this one, so I kept it cheap.
    I could have installed some Boss 4" speakers like I did in the back in the dash, but they deliver zero bass at all, so I cut up my door panels (which were not in the best shape anyway.) and drilled some mounting holes in the doors.

I am looking at getting longer screws though so I can install the covers that came with them, the screws they provided are too short to go through the cover, speaker, and my door cards.

Please excuse the mess in the back, need to get in there and clean all that up.

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    I have 4 Kickers. I bought them for about $35/pr as a half off sale on Amazon. They sound decent. Very little bass response but they're only 4". Paired with a sub, they sound excellent.

Leave a comment:

• navdoc101
    replied
    I,ve got Hertz 4" ,& they are great. A little pricey , but you get what you pay for.

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    I'm using JL Audio and they are pretty good. I have them on all 4 corners and they fit in the factory location.

Leave a comment:

• TheresGabe
    replied
    ^^ waiting to see pics of this. I've seen very few door installed speakers I've liked on Festivas. You are just using the WRONG 4" speakers. I am running higher end Pioneers now, and have had infinitys in the past that sounded AMAZING.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Installed 6.5" Boss Speakers in the doors, will take some pics tomorrow, by the time I finished it was too dark outside to take any pics.

Those factory 4" speakers had to go, they were absolute garbage.
    Last edited by TorqueEffect; 12-29-2012, 09:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Twistiva
    replied
    Bought a dashboard bezel off of e-Bay. Called and made arrangements to have a muffler put on next Monday. Surfed e-Bay for more parts.

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    Originally posted by Huli View Post
    Is that something that can easily be added?
    I don't know. I presume it has it's own electrical circuit and pump. Only Maikel can answer that.

Leave a comment:

• crazyrog17
    replied
    What have you done to your Festiva today!?

I made the round trip home from Grand Rapids today. Made a visit to a friends house. Rolled over 111,111.1 miles! I meant to take a picture of the odo rolling over but got distracted by traffic

Leave a comment:

• Huli
    replied
    Re: What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Originally posted by Maikel View Post
    Nope, those are orginal Mazda washers. Everything is still in orginal shape.
    Is that something that can easily be added?

Leave a comment:

• Maikel
    replied
    Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
    Are those Volvo headlight washer nozzles on your front bumper or are they from Mazda?
    Nope, those are orginal Mazda washers. Everything is still in orginal shape.

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    WOW

Leave a comment:

• navdoc101
    replied
    Sanded & preped FMS front bumper for painting. Hope its warm & don't rain tomarrow. Weather report says sunny & 72. Hope they know want thier talkin' about!

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    Are those Volvo headlight washer nozzles on your front bumper or are they from Mazda?
    Last edited by bravekozak; 12-29-2012, 02:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Maikel
    replied
    I washed it, then clayed and polished it, and two coats of Collinite 476S
    First its was like this:

After little while:

And finally:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X