Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva_Fred
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    And I really need to get an engine for mine already!!

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    Festivas are great first 5-speed cars. There's like nothing to them. Honestly going from my 88 grand prix 5-speed to the festiva 5-speed; the festiva feels like a toy in comparison. I find myself shifting way too 'hard' before I get used to it again lol. All you need is a pinky finger and toe in a festy

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Yesterday I began teaching a couple friends on how to drive a manual in it.

So my clutch took quite a beating yesterday. :p

Especially when one of my buddies was trying a hill start, and he gunned it nearly to 6k RPMs and and didn't fully engage the clutch.
    Needless to say you could smell burning clutch after that, and told him sternly not to do that again. lol

One friend still needs quite a bit of work (the burning up my clutch, guy), and still bunnyhops quite a bit on level ground when starting off, and lets the engine rev too high before shifting out of first.
    But the other seems to have got down all the basics, starting off, stopping, knowing when to upshift without revving the engine too much, downshifting for slower speeds and turns, just needs to practice on some steeper hills than what we had in the parking lot.
    What allot of people don't realize when learning to drive a manual, is that there is an in-between with a clutch, it just isn't always on or off. Trying to explain how a clutch works helps people learn a bit faster.

I say the Festiva would be the easiest car to learn in with their small cable clutches, I had to learn in my parent's Fusion which has a heavy hydraulic clutch.
    Last edited by TorqueEffect; 03-03-2013, 01:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• scitzz
    replied
    Originally posted by gurry624 View Post
    Wire wheeled and repainted the oil pan. Gettin ready for the turbo install....

That looks GREAT!

Leave a comment:

• gurry624
    replied
    Thanks. I wire wheeled the manifold too, plan on gettin the high temp engine paint and painting the manifold orange.

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    Looking good man. Already commented in Facebook. I'd like to repaint mine when it's out next oil change. Might go shiny purple like my new shifter!

Leave a comment:

• gurry624
    replied
    Wire wheeled and repainted the oil pan. Gettin ready for the turbo install....

Leave a comment:

• Team Lightning
    replied
    Today (Thursday), I had my 90 serviced. Oil change etc. Did some work inside the house on small parts for my project car. Shops too cold and my heater just aint up to the cold we have at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• Team Lightning
    replied
    Originally posted by Americanclassicg View Post

Now I need to find a super cheap radio to put in my old car before I sell it.
    For a cheap radio check your local pawn shop.

Leave a comment:

• Americanclassicg
    replied
    Fixed my speedometer yesterday.

Today, I put in my Kenwood head unit. It'll be nice to have a radio again, though I think my front left speaker is on its way out.

Now I need to find a super cheap radio to put in my old car before I sell it.

Leave a comment:

• Powerstiva
    replied
    Haha I just googled looking for them and saw these.... teddy1.jpg
    But the snowflakes were found on 86-87 rabbit. gti, cabrio, 83-92 jetta, scirocco
    Found via: http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/w...eels-4x100.htm

Leave a comment:

• Powerstiva
    replied
    I dont know what their off of other than it was a VW and yes 4x100! all in preparation for the upcoming brake and suspension swap!!! I cant wait

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    Ooooo! I like those! What are they off of? 4x100 pattern?

Leave a comment:

• Powerstiva
    replied

My new rims!!! 14" X 6" 38mm offset, for 200!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X