Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prafeston
    replied
    Movin...wish that link had some pictures of their setup!

Leave a comment:

• Movin
    replied
    Crazy guitar girl, welcome and this inspired some of the things I take for extended trips in the desert.

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    Originally posted by Aaronbrook37 View Post
    Re-painted my wiper arms flat black,
    I recommend aerosol trim paint. It's a 40 degree flat black as opposed to dead flat.
    That's what I used to paint the swoopies, etc.

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    Take out the passenger seat and level the floor to match the rear floor level with a jigsaw, plywood, screws and 2X4s. Then, you could just sleep in it and forget about hauling around and pitching a tent every night. I did that with my Jeep CJ-7. I hung some U-bolts with a notched wood rod from my roll bar. The notches prevented all of the clothes hangers from sliding around. I could get a lot of privacy with the Jeep because I camped in some narrow 4X4 spots.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 02-24-2013, 10:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• crazyguitargrl
    replied
    well.. i just bought my 1992 festiva about a week ago.. since then i've:

removed the back seat and seat belts
    removed all interior panels and spray painted them turquoise
    deep cleaned the carpets
    put down a really rad area rug
    hung up a bamboo windchime on one of the back hanger hooks
    loaded up 3 rubbermaid tubs and ice chest with camping gear

today.. i bought a new battery, air filter, and an extra belt
    considered changing out the alternator and started.. those are still original, but figured i'd save the cash for now if i can..

about to hit the road in two weeks for Great Adventure 2013!! will camp and live out of my festiva as i travel all over the country and visit friends and family..

going to take my windows to get tinted tomorrow for security and privacy
    have patterns cut out for curtains that i'll custom sew in a few days - for night privacy

almost there, people. getting really excited

Leave a comment:

• Aaronbrook37
    replied
    Re-painted my wiper arms flat black, tire shined and detailed all of the rubber, and used heavy degreaser to get all the soot from two months of blue smoke off the back of my car. It's finally white again!

Leave a comment:

• Huli
    replied
    Re: What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Put on my newly painted rear wing!!

Leave a comment:

• 1990new
    replied
    Cleaned around the Speedometer connection, removed and checked the fluid (Was full). 256,000 on aqua and still going strong.

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    Aired up the tires and aired the tires on my parts cars. They were getting a bit low.

Leave a comment:

• standard235
    replied
    Got the tank installed yesterday along with a new ignition coil.

Car dies on me this morning on my route due to a loose negative battery terminal. OOPS. In the process something happened and now I don't have a driver side high beam nor does my cooling fan kick on at threshold temp (watched gauge move a little less than 3/4 the way to H!) Full of coolant, not dirty, oil is good and car is running fine. Just electrical issues now..

Leave a comment:

• Powerstiva
    replied
    Just ordered myself new LCA's, inner and outer tie rod ends all for less than $100

Leave a comment:

• ckiesman
    replied
    Or visit this place, lol. They offer gas with no ethanol, lol http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fr...et/67774713209

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    From now on only fill up with non ethanol gas that doesn't absorb water. Probably super.

Leave a comment:

• Sagermeister
    replied
    I dropped my gas tank, needless to say it had to be done.
    I looked inside and found there was a ton of rust and gunk inside the tank.
    I ordered a new one and soon enough my 89 Festy will be on the road soon enough.

Leave a comment:

• ckiesman
    replied
    Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
    Are you certain it's not just a burned out bulb?

100% positive. Its working now. There were 2 wires with plugs in that area. One was a blueish color and one was white with a red stripe. Not sure if those were the wires I needed, but neither one had power. I just ran a wire in under the ceiling from the continuously hot wire going to the dome light, than dropped it down and hid it under the belt trim and down the plastic by the rear seat and to the back. Worked well.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X