Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• standard235
    replied
    Been recording mileage, just shy of 28mpg but this is delivering papers, winter time, and a snow storm. V6 mustang was lucky to get 10.

Oh and I called a junk yard that has two aspires! Here I come 4x100, "big brakes", and stiffer suspension!

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    That's the worst when cops give you a stupid ticket like that!

Leave a comment:

• Spike
    replied
    Didn't technically do it TO the Festiva, but in..

Allow me some backstory, please. I've been working temp at a warehouse for going on 4 months now.. and they finally 'decided' to 'let things proceed', as in hire me on.. My commute is 35mi each way.. and I really wanted to get home today. I spend the next 10 miles doing 35 in a 55 behind a semi towing another semi.. he finally turns off, and lo and behold, the guy I next get to is doing 40-43 in the same 55... I follow him for 6 miles.

First straightaway I get, about a mile long (with dotted road - passing legal), no one coming.. I turn on my signal and get in the left lane.. I get up to him, about to go around him, doing about 52, and of course he accelerates. By this time, I have a car coming at me, and the one following me has gotten all the way up behind the truck I'm passing..

I floor it, not looking at the speedo, to get around him before anything bad happens... get around, back in my lane and then I notice..

The car coming was a police car. I thought I was home free, though.. he went about 1/8mile... but, then he braked and turned around.. He clocked me at 65. I told him the only reason I was speeding was to pass the guy doing 45, and was told he clocked him at 43. What I get for being honest:

A ticket for $132. My first ticket ever, by the way.

The Lord giveth (my job), and the Devil taketh away (my money, and my sanity).

~Joe

Leave a comment:

• Twistiva
    replied
    Yesterday: decided on the hood stripe widths on my new paintjob....5 inch center stripe with 1 inch L/R parallel stripes with a 1/2" gap in between the 3 stripes, all in white.

Today: got an '88 factory wiring diagram via e-Bay today in the mail. That completes my maintenance manuals/publications. Also stopped by a local upholstery shop to check on prices/times for re-upholstering all 3 seats and new floor carpet.

Time for bed....

Leave a comment:

• drumnerd33
    replied
    hmmm sounds like the same problem then... well when i looked at mine it seems the thicker shaft is hitting the edge of the cup, we will have to figure out how to fix this problem.

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    1, 2, 5, and Reverse all seem to push the shifter back in toward center...kind of like the diameter of the shifter is larger than the stock one so it's pushing it away from the walls of the cup like you are saying. So when I'm going down to first...instead of going straight down...it's almost like it's going down and to the right. I'll have to make a video of it later or something.

Leave a comment:

• drumnerd33
    replied
    ok just wondering... i decided to go for the b&m one and i love it, its even shorter then yours so some people may not like it but i think its perfect, only problem im having is first gear is tough to get into and what i think it is, is the b&m shifter is way thicker before and after the ball and i think its hitting the cups on top and bottom, so i might pull it back out and grind out some of the metal so it can move a little further.

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    Originally posted by DriverOne View Post
    PURBLE SHIFTAH! Dude, that's really short. How's the weight?
    Feels good. Right now I'm used to my old sloppy no bushings shifter so I'm getting used to the new throw lengths and the stiffness of the shifter. I like the feel of the round knob though...even though it was like 30 degrees today and that billet alluminum was freezing! I've never really had aftermarket knobs and I don't know what weights are supposed to be better and what not. I'll have to get some more drive time in before I decide how I like it. Seems fine though at 6.1oz.
    Here is the eBay link to the knob I got. Purple Shifter Knob

Originally posted by drumnerd33 View Post
    Prafeston, which civic shifter did you go with?
    It was a cheap 9.99 dollar one off eBay. This is the seller I bought from: Civic Short Throw Shifter
    I ordered the gunmetal one, but I'm almost positive they sent me the chrome. Oh well, I'll most likely be covering up the shifter with the stock boot or a leather boot at some point.

Leave a comment:

• Powerstiva
    replied
    I got new rims today but cant figure out how to post a picture of them =/

Leave a comment:

• drumnerd33
    replied
    Prafeston, which civic shifter did you go with?

Leave a comment:

• Ford Fester
    replied
    Narrowbands are under a 100 but wideband even used is over

Leave a comment:

• DriverOne
    replied
    Re: What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
    PURBLE SHIFTAH! Dude, that's really short. How's the weight?

Leave a comment:

• RhodeStiva
    replied
    ^ that is why a wideband is awesome...
    you you find another one cheaper that $100 let me know i have a friend that needs one.

Leave a comment:

• Ford Fester
    replied
    Put a wideband boost gauge in my Capri.....happy with the aem wideband but the boost gauge tells me my stock Capri gauge was off 3-4 psi. Not good considering I thought I was running 16 psi when in fact I was running 19-20.

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    This is a lovely sight! After a week without seeing my Micro Machine it's finally back in my driveway with a new, working transmission!

And here is the newly installed Civic Short Shifter. It's a little stiff right now, but at least it's nice and tight and not a sloppy mess like the old one was. I'm digging the new purple shifter too!

Last edited by Prafeston; 02-27-2013, 02:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X