Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaronbrook37
    replied
    Re-wired my radio (had a short), replaced some fuses, and vacuumed it out. Pretty solid day of basic maintenance.

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied

I finally got to drive it after, I don't know, maybe a couple of months sitting. I had lost the keys. Yesterday I welded on the muffler that had fallen off. Who knew, you can weld rust. LOL! I also put on new swaybar bushings.

Leave a comment:

• Festevil3
    replied
    ^ I hope one of your rods isn't shaped like a rainbow

Leave a comment:

• M3NTAL
    replied

Low compression in one of the cylinders

Done

Leave a comment:

• Festevil3
    replied
    Originally posted by M3NTAL View Post
    About to pull the motor In the grey ghost!
    Why? just curious

Leave a comment:

• M3NTAL
    replied

About to pull the motor In the grey ghost!

Leave a comment:

• Huli
    replied
    Re: What have you done to your Festiva today!?

I am going to do named value once I am done. Will probably put it a $4k

Leave a comment:

• DriverOne
    replied

If you have your vehicle appraised, you can then have it insured for that amount, which covers all customization. Not only that, but 1990new received a few THOUSAND for his Festiva from his insurance company, and it was not "totalled". You just don't sign the check for the car, and push them until they do what they agreed to! You've got $50,000 in damages available to you, not the value of a $260 car.

Leave a comment:

• greywolf200
    replied
    Originally posted by Huli View Post
    I changed my insurance, the company had a hard time believing I wanted full coverage!! ($45/mo $100 deductible!)

They had to take pictures to submit to corporate so they had a file... HA!

And I adjusted the air bypass valve, turns out the previous owner had adjusted the throttle body to not allow it to function.
    Interesting, did you inquire from your agent what they will pay in case of an accident? It's very possible that a big door ding will total loss your car, certainly a dented fender will. You may want to inquire about agreed value insurance where you and the insurance company agree on the value of your car and will pay up to that amount. I do auto body work and have worked with insurance companies in NC before. This is also the first time I've heard of glass protection not being available. I've replaced insured rock chipped windshields in the past.

Leave a comment:

• Twistiva
    replied
    Originally posted by crazyrog17 View Post
    You might want to start a thread on this, but I'll say I have PLPD (personal liability and property damage) coverage on my car. Basically as cheap as it goes, get nothing back and still be legal to drive. (coverage only applies when it's parked, but there's a big deductable...)
    Zack -

OK, correct me if I'm wrong but what you described sounds like my coverage: legal to drive anywhere in America but if you get into an accident, they'll pay you ONLY the value of the (now very old, very high miles (typically) and verrrrrry depreciated) Festivas, which when it comes down to repairing our Festivas, leaves us essentially "self insured", right?

And yet 'Huli' and 'DriverOne' say their insurance companies will pay to REPAIR their Festys???

Leave a comment:

• B3Festiva
    replied

from another angle.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

Leave a comment:

• B3Festiva
    replied

i washed it. uploadfromtaptalk1360643432120.jpg

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    added some new decals as seen in the "10+ HP" thread

Leave a comment:

• crazyrog17
    replied
    You might want to start a thread on this, but I'll say I have PLPD (personal liability and property damage) coverage on my car. Basically as cheap as it goes, get nothing back and still be legal to drive. (coverage only applies when it's parked, but there's a big deductable...)
    Last edited by crazyrog17; 02-11-2013, 10:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Twistiva
    replied
    Originally posted by Huli View Post
    I changed my insurance, the company had a hard time believing I wanted full coverage!! ($45/mo $100 deductible!)

They had to take pictures to submit to corporate so they had a file... HA!
    Originally posted by DriverOne View Post
    I won't get anything less than full coverage! There are so many college kids out here (many who are just now driving) that I would be afraid to go without it. That and windshield replacement is nice.
    How in the heck are you guys getting your insurance companies to accept THEM paying for anything more than liability?

Over 8 yrs ago I talked with my insurance company and they did a Kelley Blue Book check on my bare-bones, 88L with probably 160,000 miles on it then and they said the KBB value of it was a whopping $260. Because of that they recommended I get rid of all excess coverage beyond what the state law required (in other words, eliminate collision, comprehensive, etc) because they said they wouldn't pay anything over the $260 so why carry the coverage? I thought they made a good point (since they said they would NOT pay anything over the $260) so I dropped the excess coverage. However....

Now that I'm in the process of fixing it up (including a $1400 paint job later this week) I've wondered about insurance. 'Self-insuring' it, ie, it gets damaged and I pay for all of it, would absolutely suck. :nightmare:

BTW, my insurance company is USAA.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Twistiva; 02-11-2013, 09:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X