Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    The metal on the bolt is just way too soft, everything I stick on there that gets a bite just gouges metal out and rounds off what I had squared.

Easy out is my last option.

I am just about to call it quits and figure out a way to fasten the thermostat on without that bolt and hopefully without leaks.

$@%$ you Kia for using such weak bolts!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    I had one snap when tightening it. Very weak bolts for the thermostat housing or something. I was able to get it out with vise grips, though. Name brand ones. The generic ones didn't do anything.

I just drove it. Confirmed my front crank seal is no longer leaking.

The weather is supposed to improve the next three days so I hope to get some work done to my cars.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    flattened two sides of the bolt, still the vice grips just slide around. I guess tomorrow I will try making it a shape a socket will grab nice and good

It kinda was my fault the bolt sheered off, I accidentally started tightening it instead of loosening it over-stressing it, and when I went to turn it counter clockwise like I was supposed, it snapped.

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    I can't help you get it out, but after you do, please bottom tap the hole and apply a little antiseize compound to the new bolt.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Why can't $*%* go properly? a simple job like a thermostat replacement just turned complicated. Very first bolt with very little torque, bolt sheered off in the block. *Repeatedly slams head into wall.*

Though good news is, after removing the other bolt and taking the housing and thermostat off, there is quite a bit of the bolt sticking out of the block. Tried clamping vice grips on it, but it just slides around the bolt.

Any tips on squaring off the bolt to actually get some torque on it? I don't have many tools.

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
    Congrats paper guy! Putting it to work on a route?
    Thanks! And we shall see. That was originally the plan........ But....... I'd almost feel bad for doing so, this one is QUITE nice.
    Last edited by 200KGPGTP; 01-26-2013, 06:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Aaronbrook37
    replied
    Drained about a liter/quart of oil out of my intercooler and hard piping. I really need to get my oil pressure and turbo seals looked at for sure. No kinks or issues in the return line either... I took a good hard look.

Leave a comment:

• Flyin4stroke
    replied
    What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Originally posted by TheresGabe View Post
    So theres are the seatbacks out of the mx-3 and the base from the Festiva just with the padding/seat cover from the mx-3? I'm heading to the JY in the morning to do this to my car if I can find the right seats. let me know ASAP!
    This is right.

Leave a comment:

• ericsmith32
    replied
    Balanced the front tires and band-aided the battery. Need to figure out a new battery box.

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied
    Congrats paper guy! Putting it to work on a route?

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    No auto here! It's that one that was overheated. Holy minty interior.

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    Originally posted by 200KGPGTP View Post
    OBTAINED IT!!!
    Welcome! You picked up that Auto that needed a bit of work right? Show us some pics!!

Leave a comment:

• Aaronbrook37
    replied
    Filled it up with oil. Seems my valve cover gasket puked out more oil than I originally thought.

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    OBTAINED IT!!!

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Had some more fun in the snow.

But also found out why it takes so long to warm the engine, the thermostat is stuck open. (Opened the radiator cap with cold engine, coolant moved when starting)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X