Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DriverOne
    replied
    Re: What have you done to your Festiva today!?

GTP, get an 86-89 B6 from a Tracer or 323. You won't regret it.

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    There is a freshly rebuilt motor in KC...but the guy wants 1800 for it and the tranny w/ new clutch..

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    Thinking this headgasket replacement will be fruitless, but no huge thing. I'd only be out $20.

Then I'll have to look for a new engine...... :/

Leave a comment:

• Huli
    replied

Congrats Torque!!!
    I think mine runs at about 1/4 when I am moving too. Nice work!
    Last edited by Huli; 01-28-2013, 08:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Huli
    replied

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
    I always try and make a deal to give them an extra $20 for every day they deliver it sooner and likewise they give me $20 a day for every day that they are late.
    Tried that... I think the guy laughed so hard he died...well, that would he a viable excuse for being 5 days late.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Huzzah! Did a leak test today, and I am proud to report no leaks. Started it up, after idling for a while the needle reached the highest it ever been on this car, halfway up the gauge.

Was worried at first because there was initially no heat from the blower even when then engine had warmed all the way up, but after shutting the motor off, then back on, it had heat.
    Drove it down to the gas station to fill it up and back (About 6 miles back and forth)
    No problems at all, temp gauge actually fell back to a quarter and never budged after that.

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    I always try and make a deal to give them an extra $20 for every day they deliver it sooner and likewise they give me $20 a day for every day that they are late.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 01-28-2013, 06:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Huli
    replied

Today I put new seals in my Rio knuckles and packed them with new grease. Then I went over the brake components and re assembled those. Then I shook my fist in anger in the general direction of the Aspire rear end that was supposed to be delivered last week.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Originally posted by TheresGabe View Post
    Maybe try and cut a slit in the top and back it out with a flat head? I've done that on a LOT of bolts in my time...
    You I would have tried that, but what's done is done, it's JBwelded on there, and has been curing for 5 hours, going to let it sit overnight and going to do a leak test tomorrow, and patch leaks if I need to.

If this thermostat doesn't work (As in stays closed), I am royally screwed. Then I will be out a car for a while and will need to find another head to drop on there.

Leave a comment:

• TheresGabe
    replied
    Maybe try and cut a slit in the top and back it out with a flat head? I've done that on a LOT of bolts in my time...

Leave a comment:

• crazyrog17
    replied
    When Donny (xaero_81) and I were swapping my engine (for another B3) a few years ago, the top thermostat neck bolt snapped of in the head. Attempts to drill and extract it were futile. We drilled a new hole in the top corner of the block, it went perpendicularly into a tapped hole from the front, and tapped it to receive a bolt. From there, we bent up a thick piece of stock to clamp the thermostat neck down. It's held up fine, even during a close call to overheating.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    I tried drilling a new hole and making new thread, but I missed the center of the bolt and royally $*#&#$ up. I am useless. I don't have the money to get it fixed properly either.

Welp I give up, JBweld here I come.

If this doesn't work, I will probably remove the thermostat completely and have a pipe feed directly into the block.

Leave a comment:

• crazyrog17
    replied
    Hope to hear back in a half hour that it's running. Get to it!

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    About to commence headgasket replacement

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    Take it to a mechanic. They are experts at extracting broken bolts. They will drill it dead center and extract it. Tell him exactly what happened. He will probably use some heat.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 01-27-2013, 12:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X