Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DriverOne
    replied
    Charlie, I hate round lights on a Festiva. That being said, I really like what you've done!

Leave a comment:

• CharlieZ
    replied
    What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Added a couple of lights to Semper Fi-stiva's grill. Well, not today exactly. Actually took about a week of piddling. Before and after shots. Color difference is due to different times of year, day, and cameras.

Leave a comment:

• purg3d
    replied
    Went to replace my tie rod. I was so sure I had the right part number. Turns out I need fine thread, not the coarse that took 4 days to get here!

:cry_smile:

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    The mighty Festiva brought it's dinner home.

Leave a comment:

• scitzz
    replied
    Nuff said

==================================================

Call the authorities, Scitzz has escaped the Insane Asylum again!

Leave a comment:

• ericsmith32
    replied
    Started the installation of the parking brake cable out of the 4dr Aspire. It was bear getting it out of the Aspire but the Festiva's was almost to easy to remove. The only thing I have to figure out is the bracket on the gas tank. I'm thinking a couple zip ties should be sufficient.

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    I finally got my tie rod ends replaced today.
    I'm making slow progress on getting ready for Madness.
    Hopefully tomorrow I'll wake up early enough and get the alignment done.
    After that, it's just mount and balance my new tires and get myself ready for the trip. Departure in just a hair under 14 days.

Leave a comment:

• Christ
    replied
    Originally posted by DriverOne View Post
    I'd really like to see some parts coming out of the desert.

I've got my own mods going on now. If things happen the right way, Red Retro (aka the half-pint hot rod) will be at Madness.

M&R Metal Fab (Wiles Rd. Anderson, for any interested locals) built me these12-gauge A36 carbon Steel plate bridges for $72. They will install them as soon as I get the car to their shop. This is good news for Area Festy 1, as 72 square feet of real estate just opened back up. The frame will be sandblasted, removing all undercoating and rust from the original steel. These new bridges will then be penetrated at the best spots possible to weld the new steel to the remaining steel as well as to the floorboards.

Dimensions are 2.5' x 2" IW x 1 7/8" IH with 1" flanges.
    Love this. Need finished pics.

Leave a comment:

• DriverOne
    replied
    Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
    I may produce a kit to sell in the future. Right now it's just a prototype.
    I'd really like to see some parts coming out of the desert.

I've got my own mods going on now. If things happen the right way, Red Retro (aka the half-pint hot rod) will be at Madness.

M&R Metal Fab (Wiles Rd. Anderson, for any interested locals) built me these12-gauge A36 carbon Steel plate bridges for $72. They will install them as soon as I get the car to their shop. This is good news for Area Festy 1, as 72 square feet of real estate just opened back up. The frame will be sandblasted, removing all undercoating and rust from the original steel. These new bridges will then be penetrated at the best spots possible to weld the new steel to the remaining steel as well as to the floorboards.

Dimensions are 2.5' x 2" IW x 1 7/8" IH with 1" flanges.
    Last edited by DriverOne; 09-20-2012, 02:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    Austin, for most applications you can use moog alignment shims ( look them up on eBay for a picture) in the rear. They are blue disks that are thinner on one half and thicker on the other. You break the little tabs off of the locations where the stub axle studs go through in the orientation that you need the shim to be for correct alignment (camber and toe). In order to get the amount of camber that I wanted I made stub axle spacers from steel and I precision ground the spacers to the angle I needed. These spacers allow me to lower my suspension drastically while having ideal camber and toe. I may produce a kit to sell in the future. Right now it's just a prototype.

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    How did you adjust the rear camber?
    I suspect mine has some positive camber as the outer edge of my rear tires is wearing more than the front.
    I realize regular rotation would probably make this a non-issue, but I haven't rotated the rears in quite awhile because the tread was worn to the indicators.

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    I changed my alignment settings to -2.4 degrees camber in the rear and 0 toe, and -1.75 degrees camber in the front with 0 toe.
    While I had the car on the lift I took some pictures of my freshly installed (a week ago, lol) resonator. This little resonator made a big difference in the tone of the car.

Leave a comment:

• Christ
    replied
    Swapped the LCAs... the old ones were fine, but the sway bar bushings were damaged and rotting, so I figured I'd swap 'em out anyway and keep the old new ones for spares.

Still need to change the inner tie rods and ends, even though only one inner is loose. I'll just swap everything. I'm hoping the "other" new set of ends I have is for an Aspire, but I'm not sure until I find them again and compare to the new set of Festy ends I just got.

Digging up the Aspire front parts soon and getting them cleaned up too, gotta get the front struts cut, swapped and sprung and get everything sorted before it gets too cold out for me to care.
    Last edited by Christ; 09-19-2012, 08:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pointA2B
    replied
    ripped off old dry rotted cig burnt carpet off of the cargo tray and put some nice black carpet on. Next on the list is to spray the speakers plastics black.

Leave a comment:

• TheresGabe
    replied
    I like the RPM guage, but I couldn't live without tunes in my car...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X