Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gauge_half_inch
    replied
    Finally got a chance to push my turbo car into the garage after starting it up perfectly, then stalling it 30 seconds after a 20 degree cold start, and it wouldn't restart. Pulled the plugs, they were wet with fuel. Time to clean up the old spare set it took out at work tomarrow and hope it starts up.

Leave a comment:

• WTFestiva
    replied
    We bolted up the transmission to the BP, timed it, and dropped it into the bay to take some measurements for cutting the firewall. I also took out near all of the insulation and heater hoses on the passenger side. I'm trying to get the heater core out. We also modified our E-brake to make it more fun. Took the little button catch pin out and put in a removable one so we can pull it and snap it back down for turning. I didn't take any pictures of how to do it but its really simple if you like playing around and pulling 180s.

Leave a comment:

• schreurs1
    replied
    Ive got it wired thru a 30A fuse, draws some current but as much as i thought it would. will be posting in the interior section soon.

Leave a comment:

• rmoltis
    replied
    That's something I've been wanting to do. How much current do they draw?

Leave a comment:

• william
    replied
    welded my exhaust back together it broke at the first hanger . was pretty loud on my hour commute to work lol
    should be nice and quite tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• schreurs1
    replied
    In fact we did and it works PERFECTLY!

Leave a comment:

• Ford Fester
    replied
    Put heated seats in schreurs1's festiva

Leave a comment:

• Damkid
    replied
    Bought some new head bolts for when I change the head gaskets

Leave a comment:

• greywolf200
    replied
    Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
    Maybe you can ask your mechanic if you can see how he packs your bearings next time. Tell him you are curious to see how its done and buy him a cup of coffee.
    All the best.
    Great idea, but I hope there isn't a next time.

Thanks,

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Well since I can't find any reason for my headlights to drawing power when off, I installed a toggle switch so the power can be cut off completely and reconnected without having to pop the hood.
    Still need to mount the switch in the dash, ended up breaking one of the switch blanks on accident, so I am just going to discretely gorilla glue it in place until I can get another.

Also I finally fed the wires for power lock in the hatch through the inside of the hatch itself with a clothes hanger

Leave a comment:

• TheresGabe
    replied
    Originally posted by gergorian View Post
    Nice! I really like your car. What did you use for the stripe? vinyl or is it painted on?
    It's vinyl. And a PAIN to get on straight and smooth. LOL

Leave a comment:

• Huli
    replied
    Re: What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Put? N new tail lights and replaced the gasket with low temp rubber.uploadfromtaptalk1358645884870.jpguploadfromtaptalk1358645894888.jpg

Leave a comment:

• greywolf200
    replied
    Installed KYB shocks and Kia strut mounts, as they say, it's just like adding power steering

Leave a comment:

• ericsmith32
    replied
    What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Had a small miss I've noticed lately. Pulled the disty cap and rotor and cleaned both with sand paper. Much smoother now. Checked the trans and nothing! Didn't realize it was leaking or maybe I was just checking it with the engine off.

Also adjusted the spark plug gap on the Focus and bypassed the dpfe sensor. That seems to cured its cutting out also. Must of been my day for working on cars!

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    TheresGabe, you might consider getting a rally II shift knob to match your body stripe.

Greywolf, milling the soap base of a grease varies from one to three hours. It is checked on a grind gauge, just like paint. I haven't seen a Moly grease that was milled. Another great test is to feel a dab of grease in between your thumb and forefinger, to check for any gritty particles of stearate from the soap base. Maybe you can ask your mechanic if you can see how he packs your bearings next time. Tell him you are curious to see how its done and buy him a cup of coffee.
    All the best.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 01-19-2013, 10:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X