Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festevil3
    replied
    Originally posted by DriverOne View Post
    I bet it would. Here's the installed light:

Next comes the LED upgrade!
    looks good:thumbup:

Leave a comment:

• DriverOne
    replied
    Re: What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
    Would an RX-7 dome light fit where the rear view mirror is ahead of the sunroof?
    It has a nice bend in it.
    I bet it would. Here's the installed light:

Next comes the LED upgrade!
    Last edited by DriverOne; 11-18-2012, 05:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied
    ^ Win!

Leave a comment:

• Damkid
    replied

Today I changed the B3 in my 91' and took me 4 1/2 hours start to finish, not too shabby lol

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    Would an RX-7 dome light fit where the rear view mirror is ahead of the sunroof?
    It has a nice bend in it.

Leave a comment:

• DriverOne
    replied
    Got my Aspire dome light from Festivil3, and I plan on installing it tomorrow! I'll need to drill holes, but it plugs in, and fits, just barely. I don't have the option for the GT setup, because it's too big for the room allowed due to the sunroof.

Leave a comment:

• fastivaca
    replied
    Managed to grenade my transmission somehow.

After an one hour highway drive cruising at about 120kph we were about 10 minutes from home and headed up a long relatively steep hill. Downshifted into fourth and the transmissions started screaming like a banshee. Shifted back into fifth and the noise went away; pushed in the clutch and tried to shift back down to fourth and all I got was a bunch of grinding. Limped it home in fifth and thankfully got it into the garage. I had already planned to replace the clutch and had the parts to do so. The kids couldn't believe how back a slipping clutch smells!

I can't even release the clutch with the gearshift in neutral without it grinding. I've already put out a couple of feelers for a replacement. I'll pull the case apart when I take the transmission out to see what kind of damage I've down.

The funny part of this story is that I sold a "spare" transmission a few weeks ago and said then that I'll probablay need one a bit later

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    QUOTE=neanderpaul;556408]Drove it to WV with the family to ride the polar express![/QUOTE]

The last time I rode the Polar Bear Express, it went from Cochrane, Ontario up to Moosenee on Hudson Bay. No roads. Oh yeah, you aren't allowed to leave Moosenee without a gun. The polar bears surrounding it, are always hungry.

Duck for cover if the local Cree Indians come shooting down the street on the way to the liquor store. They don't care if the RCMP station is right next door. The officer gets down behind his desk. The island Moose Factory is still used to barter for the furs that they trap and skin.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 11-17-2012, 08:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied

Drove it to WV with the family to ride the polar express!

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    The Jubilee Bull Horn is the one for when they just don't get it.
    It's also great in tunnels.

Maybe you would prefer the King of the Road?

I hooked up my little beep beep horn for my remote power door locks.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 11-16-2012, 07:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DriverOne
    replied

That's awesome! I did the same with an Explorer twin setup. I'm thinking of going a step further and adding a blast horn on an auxiliary button for when 'they just don't get it'.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Replaced the wimpy stock horn for a dual horn from a late 90s malibu. Much better sound than stock.

Would have got a Cadillac horn, but the malibu horn was out in the open on the junkyard car and only required me to remove a single 10mm bolt.

Leave a comment:

• Festevil3
    replied
    Originally posted by DriverOne View Post
    Got my Aspire dome light! Now I have something I can use with my sunroof!

I put the screws inside the cover..fyi

Leave a comment:

• DriverOne
    replied

Got my Aspire dome light! Now I have something I can use with my sunroof!

Leave a comment:

• scitzz
    replied
    Weather channel says it will stop squirting cold rain on me, soon, and then I can fix it. Glad you enjoyed it, Paul

Leave a comment:

Working...
X