Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damkid
    replied
    What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Pulled the 91' into the garage

Ugh...... A B3? WTF? At least it has AC

Leave a comment:

• fastivaca
    replied
    Re: What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Originally posted by Fester's Quest View Post
    I got the 350 cca battery too. Started festy the other day in 28 degree weather & it worked great.
    But would it work at 20 below which is unusual in my neck of the woods in the middle of winter?

Sent from somewhere west of here!

Leave a comment:

• sc72
    replied
    Originally posted by Fester's Quest View Post
    I got the 350 cca battery too. Started festy the other day in 28 degree weather & it worked great.
    Hey Festers Q put up you address so we know what part of the world you are in and congrats on the battery, the day that i put the lawn mower battery in our car, i didn't give it much a chance in heck of working boy was i surprized when she came to life and it's still in there. although i do rotate them to keep them fresh.

Leave a comment:

• Fester's Quest
    replied
    Originally posted by sc72 View Post
    Walmart Rafe, mine is a 350 cca and works fine, i didn't plan to do this swap but last winter the Die Hard died, so i have the lawn mower battery in the basement on a batt tender, i bolted it in the Festy and have not taken it out, works great.

Leave a comment:

• scitzz
    replied
    Originally posted by twopass View Post
    I blew the head gasket or I may have cracked the head .I'm tired of this 1 for sure!
    Cylinder head is a piece of cake on these once you learn it. Don't be discouraged! You can tackle this!

Leave a comment:

• twopass
    replied
    I blew the head gasket or I may have cracked the head .I'm tired of this 1 for sure!

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    Originally posted by sc72 View Post
    So whats the deal with sleeping in your car.
    I was playing in a Disc Golf tourney in Vichy, MO. Went out Friday night and camped for two days while we played 3 courses Saturday/Sunday. When I was leaving for the trip I couldn't find either of my tents.

Leave a comment:

• sc72
    replied
    Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
    Slept in my Festiva the last two nights. There isn't much room back there!! I folded the rear seat flat and the also leaned the drivers seat flat. I tried several positions...none were very comfortable!
    So whats the deal with sleeping in your car.

Leave a comment:

• 1990new
    replied
    Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
    Slept in my Festiva the last two nights. There isn't much room back there!! I folded the rear seat flat and the also leaned the drivers seat flat. I tried several positions...none were very comfortable!
    This might be helpful

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied

Leave a comment:

• lulu
    replied
    Made more work for link5186. The clutch finally died after a few months of hinting of impending doom.

Leave a comment:

• scitzz
    replied
    Funny, I did an oil change as well!

Changed the oil in Boopstiva, and in Baby Car. Added flush to boop, and let her run for a minute or so, but no ACC belt meant she couldn't run long, but got the good stuff moving through her at least.

Soaked the IAC in BC AGAIN. Still soaking. Cleaned her out of some of the junk collecting in her since Madness. Got up some unidentified ick junk stuff that was in the back floor board. Flushed the radiator. Installed a new blinker fuse. FINALLY got all my fusible links changed out to long leg cartridges, and yes, Arty, that includes the main. I realized later that I had changed that link out for a short leg cartridge a while back in desperation, and never got it done right, thanks for noticing.

Lemmee see....

Cleaned all the windows, and then thought about putting the aspire seats in. I never got around to that though, getting late now, and so I opened a bottle of Epic Brewerys Big Bad Baptist, release number seven, and am sipping on it, catching a nice, mellow buzz

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    Oil change.

Installed the Energy Suspension bushings htchback (thanks again! ) ground down for me.
    Haven't driven far enough to take some fun corners. We'll see how they do tonight at work.

Leave a comment:

• Christ
    replied
    I will suggest to anyone using the lawnmower/motorcycle battery hack, CLEAN YOUR GROUNDS. ALL OF THEM.

It will make a difference in even the best-able starting systems using less power.

Clean up every connection point, grease it, then insulate it from the elements. You'll never believe how bright your lights get, etc, and you may end up getting slightly better fuel economy from it as well, due to less alternator load.

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    Awesome! I'll have to make not of that when I need a new one. Mine looks old and my connectors are getting pretty corroded.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X