Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sc72
    replied
    Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
    Links to this lawn mower battery!
    Walmart Rafe, mine is a 350 cca and works fine, i didn't plan to do this swap but last winter the Die Hard died, so i have the lawn mower battery in the basement on a batt tender, i bolted it in the Festy and have not taken it out, works great.

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    Links to this lawn mower battery!

Leave a comment:

• Aaronbrook37
    replied
    Originally posted by Fester's Quest View Post
    I needed a new battery so i slapped in a 28 dollar lawn mower battery thats 16 lbs lighter than the one i had. It made a noticeable difference in acceleration ! I can't wait to unbolt the passenger seat and seat belt assemblies once i don't have to haul anyone around :p ...Ran out of things i can unbolt from the engine bay
    I have one of these with my B6T and she cranks wonderfully!

Leave a comment:

• Fester's Quest
    replied
    I needed a new battery so i slapped in a 28 dollar lawn mower battery thats 16 lbs lighter than the one i had. It made a noticeable difference in acceleration ! I can't wait to unbolt the passenger seat and seat belt assemblies once i don't have to haul anyone around :p ...Ran out of things i can unbolt from the engine bay

Leave a comment:

• ericsmith32
    replied
    Loaded her up. All the spare tires I had and all the parts laying around. She's headed for the farm this weekend, may let her sleep all winter. Putting the house on the market and even though it probably won't sell I'm not waiting till the last moment to do everything!

Leave a comment:

• DriverOne
    replied
    Re: What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Awesome sunroof!

BEBandit and I grabbed RazorWing's (sshort1986) Festiva from the midstate for some emergency repair. Turns out, it was the oil pan gasket. Long story, but it goes back in tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    Got my windows retinted since I put a new hatch on that had no tint and the tint that was on the other windows was installed poorly.

Also I drove 160 miles round trip after work today to pick up this sunroof. I'm pretty excited! Cost me 60 bucks and 12 bucks in gas. It's brand new and comes with all seals, instructions, and template for cutting the roof! It is a SFC Genesis if anyone is wondering. The outside frame is aprox. 29x15.5in

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    Change it tomorrow. It's going to be record warmth. After that, the weather is supposed to cool down to below normal for the next two weeks.

Leave a comment:

• jjk1224
    replied
    Fixed my crankshaft seal oil leak today after a low oil scare last week. Also sort of fixed my out-of-spec toe alignment but could still use some tweaks. While moving the tie rod end around I managed to rip the dust boot nearly in half... When will it end!!! At least I have spare sitting around but who knows when I'll make the time to put it on.

Leave a comment:

• WTFestiva
    replied
    Have you always had to the 2 Festivas? One for parts?
    we just got the little red one about 2 weeks ago, something was wierd with it and it didnt have a title, didnt run, all kindsa stuff so we just took it as a parts car.

Leave a comment:

• RhodeStiva
    replied
    got my speedo w/tach installed and it's working great. i will take pictures soon and post in my build

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    Have you always had to the 2 Festivas? One for parts?

Leave a comment:

• WTFestiva
    replied
    we're retiming the B3 we have, if that doesnt work we are going to swap our motors out with the other guy on the right.

festivastartup_zpsec30744f.jpg

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Pull the whole cable out of the sleeve and lube it up and slide it back in?
    Yes, I did this with mine and it slides out rather easy.

If it is a brand new cable then you probably won't have to clean it.

If it is a used one I would clean all the old grease off with some rubbing alcohol and scraping off any build-up that may be on it.

I recommend just detaching the cable from the transmission and pull it out of it's sleeve there, much quicker than pulling out the instrument cluster.
    Put allot of bearing grease down the entire length of the cable and slide it back up through it's sleeve which will guide it back into the speedo, if it doesn't go all the way in, just turn the cable a bit until it does.
    Last edited by TorqueEffect; 10-23-2012, 07:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
    If you have, to just pull it out and lube it up with some bearing grease, got rid of the bouncing on mine.
    Pull the whole cable out of the sleeve and lube it up and slide it back in?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X