Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RhodeStiva
    replied
    Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
    I'd like to know how easy this install is when you are done. I have a new hatch with no key and even my old hatch my key didn't work on it so I couldn't lock it...and if I did I had to unlock it by crawling in the back and pushing the lever over.
    same here. You should do a write up(TorqueEffect) and a lot of pictures is a plus.

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
    Ordered a power lock kit off ebay, real pain having to use a key to lock and unlock the hatch all the time.

Having them on the main doors is just a added bonus.

Can't wait to install it.
    I'd like to know how easy this install is when you are done. I have a new hatch with no key and even my old hatch my key didn't work on it so I couldn't lock it...and if I did I had to unlock it by crawling in the back and pushing the lever over.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Ordered a power lock kit off ebay, real pain having to use a key to lock and unlock the hatch all the time.

Having them on the main doors is just a added bonus.

Can't wait to install it.

Leave a comment:

• Damkid
    replied
    ^^Just PM an administrator (orange username) for arena access

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    Can I have arena access? How do you get it?

Leave a comment:

• Damkid
    replied
    Just yeah...... (need arena access for link to work)

For those without arena access, i got my car running mint with the turbo setup

Leave a comment:

• TheresGabe
    replied
    I THINK I got my surging/stuttering problem fixed (little oil in the distributor cap, and on the rotor!) Then I tinted the tail lights!

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Originally posted by Christ View Post
    That's a bull policy that they don't enforce if you complain to a mgr about it. Especially if you tell them that they're cataloging the batteries incorrectly and you bought the battery as a result of their mistake.

By law, however, they CANNOT give you back the core battery after you've turned it in (at least in PA/NY), so you'd be out a battery that way.

I didn't feel like fighting with em today. This battery fits, so its not a big deal.

I kept the old battery though since core was only $9, could prove useful.

Leave a comment:

• Christ
    replied

Redneck tree removal service... that's a 24' fly ladder there, the saws are in the back, including a 12' collapsible pole saw.

Ended up not cutting the tree down, pruned it out instead, plus removing limbs from a tree out back and brush cleanup.

6 hours of "work" over 2 days, total expenses were about $100 (including paying help).

Job paid $400 plus a $100 completion bonus.

Average pay per hour - $50 (without the bonus).

I love my life.

Leave a comment:

• Christ
    replied
    Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
    Bought a new battery, some new wipers, Autolite copper plugs, floor mats, and replaced the fuseable links with proper fuses.

Walmart fails at cataloging their batteries, they list the MAXX battery for the Festiva as 35N, so pick it up and purchase it, walk out to put it in my car, and as I am putting the battery in, I realize it is too damn tall for the fasteners. So I went back in it and with my old battery for comparison, and none of the MAXX batteries are the right size, so I just grabbed a slightly shorter one and made it fit.
    Would have just returned it and went somewhere else, but apparently they don't accept returns on batteries, only exchanges, even if I bought the damn thing less than 10min before bringing it back.

Also found out when I was using those Bosch plugs, my MPG went down to 28MPG, that is atrocious for a 5 speed Festy. Hopefully these new copper Autolites fix that.
    That's a bull policy that they don't enforce if you complain to a mgr about it. Especially if you tell them that they're cataloging the batteries incorrectly and you bought the battery as a result of their mistake.

By law, however, they CANNOT give you back the core battery after you've turned it in (at least in PA/NY), so you'd be out a battery that way.

Leave a comment:

• Spike
    replied
    Originally posted by link5186 View Post
    Pics of GHI's trans carnage:
    Sent from the bathroom via crapatalk.
    That last picture just looked awful!

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Bought a new battery, some new wipers, Autolite copper plugs, floor mats, and replaced the fuseable links with proper fuses.

Walmart fails at cataloging their batteries, they list the MAXX battery for the Festiva as 35N, so pick it up and purchase it, walk out to put it in my car, and as I am putting the battery in, I realize it is too damn tall for the fasteners. So I went back in it and with my old battery for comparison, and none of the MAXX batteries are the right size, so I just grabbed a slightly shorter one and made it fit.
    Would have just returned it and went somewhere else, but apparently they don't accept returns on batteries, only exchanges, even if I bought the damn thing less than 10min before bringing it back.

Also found out when I was using those Bosch plugs, my MPG went down to 28MPG, that is atrocious for a 5 speed Festy. Hopefully these new copper Autolites fix that.

Leave a comment:

• gurry624
    replied
    Rims came in........ Damn they look nice.

Leave a comment:

• RhodeStiva
    replied
    :thumbup::thumbleft::thumbup::thumbleft::thumbup:: thumbleft : Don't sell either and just give me the festiva.

Leave a comment:

• Christ
    replied
    Left it parked in the Garage and enjoyed driving my Camaro for a change... Now I"m having second thoughts about getting rid of the Camaro, since they both have the same MPG figures and the Camaro drives and handles much better than the Festiva. :/

Leave a comment:

Working...
X