Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    Glued the carpet onto my sub floor sound barrier thing-a-ma-jig. I also glued some carpet where rear seat interior panels would be. I put some sheets in there first to absorb some noise. This is all temporary, to keep me comfortable on my trip. When I get back I'll remove it.

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied
    Originally posted by shaun View Post
    i put a old RX7 steering wheel in today
    Yep, welcome!

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Put a vinyl Rainbow Dash decal on the rear window.

Leave a comment:

• greywolf200
    replied
    Installed the speaker cover Fastivaca was so kind to send me. Interior looks much more complete now.

Leave a comment:

• DriverOne
    replied
    Belated welcome, Shaun! How about a picture?

Leave a comment:

• CharlieZ
    replied
    Originally posted by mckabe View Post
    Round headlights with boxy car.. something doesn't work i.mo

You've got something there. IMHO, it isn't the round, it's the size. I think the 7s are too big. 5s would look better IMHO. I don't know of any OEM single/individual 5 inch buckets though. Anybody know?

That said, round lights in boxy cars wasn't at all uncommon. In fact these rounds came of an 80s boxy VW. Go thru the list of small boxy cars of the era. Most had round headlamps. There were so many I can't list 'em here.

I didn't modify the car physically in any way. It can be returned to original anytime the whim hits. All brackets pickup OEM holes and anchor nuts. The grill is only made of wood.

Old guys (76 yrs.) have to play too. :-)

Thanks for the comments. That's why we throw out our stuff.

Leave a comment:

• David88
    replied
    ^Beeaa-uu-ti-ful....

Leave a comment:

• avitsefdrof
    replied
    Painted my 89L

Sprayed the B1 graphite and put it together and have been driving it for about a week.

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    I replaced the coolant hose from the idle air control to the intake manifold. That has got to be the most difficult hose on the car. I've done it on another Festiva before and both times had much grumbling and sore hands.
    Now my car won't mark its territory everywhere I park.

I also degreased the engine bay.
    Showing up to a car meet with a dirty engine is like showing up without pants.

Leave a comment:

• shaun
    replied
    i put a old RX7 steering wheel in today

Leave a comment:

• IdealSociety
    replied
    tweaked an old manifold to hold a t3

Leave a comment:

• Christ
    replied
    Caster is affected by sway-bar pull, LCA angles, and strut placement on McPherson systems.

Camber is affected by LCA length and strut placement.

Toe is affected by the steering assembly. The steering being off can affect camber, but I don't think caster.

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    I didn't think that would have any effect on the caster, either.

Leave a comment:

• Christ
    replied
    Your steering rack doesn't affect caster angles. 'Nuff said.

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    Got an alignment.
    Here's the printout:

They say the steering rack is bad and the alignment won't hold specs. They blame the rack on the bad caster.
    As you can see, the driver's side rear toe is bad and my old tire had feathering to indicate that. The passenger side rear has bad camber.

I'm not sure what exactly the number mean for a Festiva or what they should be. Is the final result really bad?

Finally got my Nakangs mounted and balanced. They corner pretty good and when they spin, they don't squeak like a mouse.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X