Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• koRnhead
    replied
    Oil change and fresh spark plugs.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Checked tranny fluid for the first time since I bought the car, fluid is full and very very clean.

Leave a comment:

• link5186
    replied
    Double post, sorry!
    Last edited by link5186; 09-30-2012, 12:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• link5186
    replied
    Just finished a mechanical timing advance mod on the carby car. Broke down the distributor and removed the stock mech advance springs. Replaced them with a stiffer set from a mcparts store spring advance kit for GM hei dizzies. I used the yellow springs (3 sets and weights in the package). They were a pain to get on because they're a bit short for this application, but initial test results are pretty promising. I moves the advance arms outward fully a few times to be sure the springs would take the extra stretch without breaking.

After throwing it back together I ran a test at stock timing. TDC base for carbies. It accelerates like a turd. Expected as the stiffer springs reduce the mechanical advance effect.

4* btdc base yields a minor improvement but still turd-like.

Getting more extreme at 10* btdc base, acceleration is pretty good and there is still no spark knock.

Time to go balls out at the top of the scale. With 16* btdc base timing it accelerates great without spark knock. Long term test results pending, but I will be sticking with it at 16* for now. I could probably get away with even more advance, but I'm out of scale and I want to be sure nothing will break before madness.

Sent from the bathroom via crapatalk.
    Last edited by link5186; 09-30-2012, 12:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RhodeStiva
    replied
    good and washed the car today looks good
    ^before
    V after

And change the motor mounts out on this one.
    a great day before my birthday tomorrow. And he payed for the paint thank you Jared. __________________

Leave a comment:

• DriverOne
    replied
    Originally posted by drddan View Post

Wasnt sure if i'd like 'em on a red Festy, thought i'd try it to see.

I likey!
    Grrrrr, I'm going to eat you, said the Festiva! Hey, I'd like to see those angry eyes in red!

Leave a comment:

• Christ
    replied
    I picked one up off the shelf at AZ. But I think it was a "oops" return. Had a label on it.

Leave a comment:

• TheresGabe
    replied
    After having to wait two days, because it was "Special Order" I received my Air Filter. (Special order at both Autozone, and O'Reilly... REALLY)

Leave a comment:

• shorestiva
    replied
    Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Leave a comment:

• David88
    replied
    Finished my first Aspire brake swap today on the '91.

Leave a comment:

• drddan
    replied
    Eyelids!

Wasnt sure if i'd like 'em on a red Festy, thought i'd try it to see.

I likey!

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    Originally posted by Ford Fester View Post
    I hate/love how good you are at everything. Even with panels removed you make it look factory.
    Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
    Advanced, that looks really clean man. Well done!
    Thanks guys. I just hope it takes a big bite out of the cabin noise. I'll find out tomorrow. If it makes a big difference, I'll probably make something similar than hinges in the center so it can be taken in and out. This one will have to be destroyed to be removed.

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    Advanced, that looks really clean man. Well done!

Leave a comment:

• kumalaba
    replied
    i named my bp car(with hints from paul) t-rexstiva! if this has been used b4 i will rename him!

Leave a comment:

• Ford Fester
    replied
    I hate/love how good you are at everything. Even with panels removed you make it look factory.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X