Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christ
    replied
    Originally posted by walth View Post
    aaah, makes sense. I've never dealt with that bolt. I don't even know how it clears the body.. but it does, I've seen people remove it. I take out the three that connect the bracket to the body. It's probably not a bad idea anyway because sometimes they get super rusty! goop some anti-sieze up in there and good to go
    I've never been able to clear on any of mine....

And I've had a few installed backwards (?) that the bolt had to come out past the tank on the driver's side...

I still pull that bolt out, clean it, and replace it. Just like every other one.

BTW, I think the name for that is "pivot bolt".

Leave a comment:

• DriftMagister
    replied
    whered you buy your red stripe?

Leave a comment:

• walth
    replied
    Originally posted by rbrown View Post
    No. It is the bracket, but the single bolt that runs through the bracket through the arm. Not the strut bolt.
    aaah, makes sense. I've never dealt with that bolt. I don't even know how it clears the body.. but it does, I've seen people remove it. I take out the three that connect the bracket to the body. It's probably not a bad idea anyway because sometimes they get super rusty! goop some anti-sieze up in there and good to go

Leave a comment:

• rbrown
    replied
    I was asking because I had no idea which bolt you're messing with. soo... which bolt is it? the bottom strut bolt or one of the 3 (14mm or 17mm?) bolts on the main bracket?
    No. It is the bracket, but the single bolt that runs through the bracket through the arm. Not the strut bolt.

Leave a comment:

• rbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by avitsefdrof View Post

I put on the bodyside molding and the red stripe finally.
    Wow that's like it's sitting at the showroom.

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied
    Originally posted by avitsefdrof View Post

Looking good!

Leave a comment:

• DriverOne
    replied
    Lookin' good!

Leave a comment:

• walth
    replied
    Originally posted by rbrown View Post
    Nope. Not a front anything.

I have seen the rear swing assembly called the trailing arm more often than not. So I stuck with that since that is what most call it.
    But the real correct name is Torsion Beam Axle.
    I was asking because I had no idea which bolt you're messing with. soo... which bolt is it? the bottom strut bolt or one of the 3 (14mm or 17mm?) bolts on the main bracket?

Leave a comment:

• avitsefdrof
    replied
    couple of things

Leave a comment:

• rbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by Christ View Post
    A trailing arm is actually the rear swing assembly, except only one side of it.

Our cars don't have trailing arms on them. He's talking about the front LCA.
    Nope. Not a front anything.

I have seen the rear swing assembly called the trailing arm more often than not. So I stuck with that since that is what most call it.
    But the real correct name is Torsion Beam Axle.

Leave a comment:

• Christ
    replied
    trailing arm to body brackets... 3 bolts on the rear suspension bracket? or the single bolt on the lower control arm? I don't know slang for trailing arm.. isn't a trailing arm the little 4-6" rod connecting to a sway bar / independent suspension style setup?

An impact gun will do the best job or heating up the bolt. others will have better suggestions I'm sure.
    A trailing arm is actually the rear swing assembly, except only one side of it.

Our cars don't have trailing arms on them. He's talking about the front LCA.

Leave a comment:

• rbrown
    replied
    trailing arm to body brackets... 3 bolts on the rear suspension bracket? or the single bolt on the lower control arm? I don't know slang for trailing arm.. isn't a trailing arm the little 4-6" rod connecting to a sway bar / independent suspension style setup?

An impact gun will do the best job or heating up the bolt. others will have better suggestions I'm sure.
    Single bolt. I am going to try and heat it tomorrow. Been beating on it for 2 days.

Leave a comment:

• Tommychu
    replied
    Originally posted by ericsmith32 View Post
    Rear main seal drips a quart every 3k.. just going to leave it excellent rust prevention.
    No, it really isn't. Mediocre at best, otherwise my car would be rust free thanks to it's B3 that according to the PO had been leaking a quart a week since around 1998. Also the places the oil ends up are nowhere near the places that usually rust so that's a moot point.

Leave a comment:

• walth
    replied

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied
    Plugs, plug wires, distributor cap, rotor button, oxygen sensor, air filter, passenger side outer door handle. Painted this steelies black, conditioned the bumpers. Tomorrow it's a water temperature sensor and a fuel filter. Madness here we come!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X