Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• link5186
    replied
    Pics of GHI's trans carnage:

IMG_20121001_230920.jpg by link5186, on Flickr

IMG_20121001_230900.jpg by link5186, on Flickr

IMG_20121001_230749.jpg by link5186, on Flickr

Sent from the bathroom via crapatalk.

Leave a comment:

• gauge_half_inch
    replied
    Switched out my trans with my spare F. Tore the old one apart to find 3rd gear had explided all the teeth off the input shaft and 90% of the secondary shaft. Yay me... :s

Leave a comment:

• Christ
    replied
    The +4 plugs are designed for high compression engines and large cylinder bores. They dont' run properly on low-power ignition systems because the platinum coating requires a much higher ignition voltage than standard copper plugs to fire.

In order to properly use +4's on your vehicle, you'd need to upgrade your ignition system as well, and use low-impedance wires.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Pulled the garbage Bosch +4s I put in a few weeks ago.
    Threw the old Champions that were in the car when I bought it back in since they were still in good shape, car is running like a top now.

Went and got my money back for those garbage Bosch plugs.
    The guy was puzzled why they even had those +4s listed in their computer for the Festiva. He said something along the lines of your not supposed to run those in a Festiva.

Oreily's probably only had them listed for the car because they fit, that is it.
    Last edited by TorqueEffect; 10-01-2012, 02:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• gauge_half_inch
    replied
    On my way into work, took off from a stop sign, shifted into 3rd, bang. Now it sounds like rocks in diff. Still moved enough to limp to a gas station at the intersection. No leaks, but still probably destroyed the trans. Good thing I have a spare.

Leave a comment:

• Charlie1717
    replied
    Originally posted by NTRCOOL View Post
    Hey guys. I haven't been on lately been busy with work. I replace the fuel filter n just been running the hell out of my Festiva still working great.
    Has anyone attempted to install power actuators from a mini van for the rear vent widows? I have a set with wires and the switches, and when I get some free time I want to try it out.
    Discuss enhancing your Festiva or Aspire interior and exterior (including custom paint, bodywork, seats, etc)

Leave a comment:

• walth
    replied
    Originally posted by NTRCOOL View Post
    Hey guys. I haven't been on lately been busy with work. I replace the fuel filter n just been running the hell out of my Festiva still working great.
    Has anyone attempted to install power actuators from a mini van for the rear vent widows? I have a set with wires and the switches, and when I get some free time I want to try it out.
    I know people have done it for power locks, especially in the hatch. It certainly can be done..

Leave a comment:

• NTRCOOL
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Damkid
    replied
    I'm disappointed too

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    Awwwwww
    No V6 toy to play with

Leave a comment:

• Damkid
    replied
    I now trust my car to make it to madness now, but my bank account isn't gunna let me go

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    Originally posted by Damkid View Post
    Today I pulled the motor, replaced rear main seal, flywheel/clutch, timing belt pulleys, and installed bigger injectors, then put it back together and went cruising
    Still have enough time to make it to Madness

Leave a comment:

• Damkid
    replied
    Today I pulled the motor, replaced rear main seal, flywheel/clutch, timing belt pulleys, and installed bigger injectors, then put it back together and went cruising

Leave a comment:

• frankm201
    replied
    Just bought a clutch kit off ebay for $31.00 WIN

Leave a comment:

• crazyrog17
    replied
    Did an oil and filter change. Full synthetic 5w-30 (cold months coming). I was very happy with my first 4,000 miles on 10w-30 synthetic so I went with the like again. Got a $10 rebate on the $21 5.1qt jug!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X