Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2xclutchin
    replied
    Oh, I also forgot to mention that the exhaust is broke clean off at the back of the cat. lol

Prafeston - I live in the rust capitol of the world though, and to the best of my knowledge this car has spent it's whole life up here. Thus why I can't believe the shape it's in, I actually got the car at 88,XXX.

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    I forgot to mention that I forgot to tape the Ford logo on the grille.
    It's now a black oval.
    That one didn't look too good anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    118k!! That's a low mileage Festiva! Mine has nearly 100k more and I just bought it!

Leave a comment:

• 2xclutchin
    replied
    Well I was lazy and had a shop change my oil. They put it up on the lift so I was able to look over everything on the underside. Everything looks good! One small rust hole on the drivers floorboard, and my rockers need replacing. Otherwise the frame and everything looks amazing!

Even the brake lines look good. I'm begining to wonder how this car actually has 118k on it.

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    Looks nice! My local glass shop quoted my 250 to do the Festiva! They do good work though and the tint has a lifetime warranty so if it starts to bubble they'll redo it for free. 250 seems high though. Cost me like 280 to do my old AMC Eagle...4 doors 2 quarter windows and a rear hatch.

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    So many things today.
    I sanded and painted the bumper I picked up last week.
    Sanded and painted a grille I had laying around.
    Finally about to finish repairs from my wreck a couple of months ago.

I painted the front and rear wiper arms.

Bought a new subwoofer. My current one is starting to sound bad. Haven't installed yet but may be doing that tonight.

Got the windows tinted
    Looks good. Went to a local shop. Paid $175 for LLumar film and a two hour wait. He did 35% on the front sides, 5% on the quarter windows and 20% on the rear and AS-1 line.

Picsszszz

Still during the paint process. I used Duplicolor Bumper paint.

Krylon Fusion gloss black and gloss clear on grille. The paint was nearly perfect until the grille fell off the rack and I had to correct some scratches and knicks

I used Rustoleum enamel on the wiper arms and rear wiper base thing. Turned out good.

Tint during install

Leave a comment:

• htchbck
    replied
    Painted the Tercel wheels finally, will post pics with the new trim rings when I get home, I accidentally left the rings in trunk of the Miata last night instead of putting them in the back of FestEvil.

Leave a comment:

• fastivaca
    replied
    Went to install the Teins on the front and discovered that I will have to either use spacers or go to a bigger wheel.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

Leave a comment:

• walth
    replied
    started tearing into another first gen b6 swap

Leave a comment:

• RhodeStiva
    replied

Took it to the beach today. My awesome beach cruiser.

Leave a comment:

• htchbck
    replied
    Been a long time since I've done anything to any of mine! Gotten a good bit done over the last couple days on the wiring harness of Keith's car, but the switch from Carb to EFI has been a bit time consuming. Today I was at the yard picking up some parts for the swap and for wifey's Focus (rear window regulators) and I found a set of 4 13" trim rings on an '86 AMC Alliance! Just what I needed to really set off those Tercel wheels I have on FestEvil, just gotta paint the wheels black and polish the rings now

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    Tore down another B6D head tonight. Nothing exciting there, but... When I was compressing one of the valves and the retainers released one of them when flying out and bounced off the wall and then the floor and I heard it land in the plastic case that my spring compressor lives in when I'm not using it. Well, I had been putting the retainers in one of the little cubby places in the case, but I thought, "what are the odds?". Knowing that I have about a thousand other retainers if I needed one I just continued my disassembly. When I was done I put the retainers in a plastic tub for storage, and I counted them. 32! I couldn't believe it! That little retainer went bouncing off the wall, off the floor and into the little cubby with the other retainers! Just one of those lucky shots I guess (of coarse we all know that if I didn't have any spares that sucker would have been lost forever, lol)
    Last edited by Advancedynamix; 07-29-2012, 02:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Darlo
    replied
    Hey Ian, how is my old one doing? How many K's on it now? Any mods?

Leave a comment:

• fastivaca
    replied
    Oil change and a full tank of gas. May have time in the next few days to get the Tein coil-overs installed on the front.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    No, you both are mistaken. That's a Larry. Larry was to be tweaks donor, but with 70k original miles, 1 owner (before me) and everything works properly, I can't cut Larry. So Larry lives on, knowing full well what will become of him if he ever makes me mad. Lol.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X