Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• neanderpaul
    replied
    I scored and installed a gel cell motorcycle battery. He tested the amps at 660 at room temperature. I installed it with the b3. It takes less than half the space of stock. I got it for $50 new at interstate batteries. I got it to make room for the B6t that some cool Canadian is going to install. 8)

Leave a comment:

• NTRCOOL
    replied
    Tinted the back side windows. Failed on the back window. Plus installed a cd player( I was getting tired of all the weak radio stations out by me.

Leave a comment:

• htchbck
    replied
    After finally unloading the Focus from the trailer I took a few minutes to compression test Babystiva. My wife and I haven't driven it in a while, little sis has had her for a couple months. She had been complaining that it was getting pretty sluggish but still ran ok. So I started testing...

#1: 100... uh oh

#2: 160... hmmm

#3: 25! What?!

#4: 160...

Looks like she'll be getting the head off of FestEvil. A couple drops of oil brought 2 and 4 up by less than 5PSI, but didn't affect 1 or 3 a bit lol.

However, I did finish FestEvil's new motor today, and his transmission, so he should be 100% ready for the trip to FestivaL and the beach

Went ahead and did a comp test on Chuck too since I had my gauges and stuff out. Came up with 175-180 across the board, not too shabby for a 165K (closer to 170K now) '89 323 junkyard B6.

Leave a comment:

• Tyler
    replied
    Changed oil yesterday, changed plugs, gave the inside a good cleaning but I'm still gonna end up having to replace the carpet.

Leave a comment:

• fastivaca
    replied
    On Friday I got the summer tires back on and installed the Teins on the back. I'll do the fronts when I do the front bearings, which will be real soon! Drove about 900km this weekend and I'm very happy with how the back end of the car felt with the new coilovers.

Sent from my LG-P500h using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• mannyd
    replied
    I finished what I started yesterday. I replaced camshaft seal and while I was there, changed the crankshaft seal and the waterpump just to avoid having to get in there anytime soon. Also replaced broken third lite.

Leave a comment:

• kellen302
    replied
    Went to the PnP and got a horn out of an '86 Fleetwood and a new antenna for the '96 Pontiac GA, thenmanaged to lose my swiss army knife in the parking lot. Had to get my friend home and couldn't drive back. Left as the cops were showing up too for some reason.

Leave a comment:

• navdoc101
    replied
    Yesterday actually, got my Aspire Monroe rear struts instatted, at the Fl. meet by Greag, with a little( very little ) help from RJ. Worlds of difference , Stiff!

Leave a comment:

• htchbck
    replied
    Friday I got my AC clutch from FMS! Hopefully I can adapt it to work on my '90 compressor, I ordered it because it is for a ribbed belt which is what I have on the crank pulley of Green Car already, just not sure if I can cross it over to a v-belt compressor, but I figured I'd buy it anyway. Just a quick plug for Roger, I had called him about 6PM, and he returned my call the next day and shipped it the day after. I got it a day after that, so all in all a good experience! I also did the front trans mount on Chuck, what a difference! Yesterday I put on new rear bearings and brake shoes, the bearings were BAD, hopefully I will bump at least a couple MPGs, we shall see.

Leave a comment:

• koRnhead
    replied
    New driver side brake caliper.....poor little B3 is happy again.

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
    Any correlation with the temperature, you think?
    I'm sure that's a lot of it. o2 sensor sure helped too

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
    Got my rear suspension dialed in. It works awesome! So much better without all that static sag, the car has much less body roll even though I have a stock festiva beam, stock festiva front sway bar. Here are a couple more teaser pictures. I'll post a write up next week.

Stock parts you say?
    I am very interested in this write up.

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied
    Originally posted by htchbck View Post
    I'm doing this all without going into debt or dipping into savings so it could take a while.
    Smart!

Leave a comment:

• htchbck
    replied
    $200 closer to reaching my goal after a grueling few hours yesterday putting a new heater core in a '99 Exploder! Hopefully my wheels and a couple other things will sell soon and I'll have enough to get footers and block done and slab poured. I'm doing this all without going into debt or dipping into savings so it could take a while. If I ever finish the Galant that should be a decent paycheck though

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied
    Originally posted by htchbck View Post
    Oh well, its over at dads from where I was supposed to seal up the oil pan on his Taurus and my B3 yesterday before it randomly decided to POUR rain! I need a shop BAD!
    Eye on the prize!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X