Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• walth
    replied
    very nice M3NTAL! Your festy is so clean, I love it!

I just got my B6 on the engine stand but now I'm about to go pick up my wife. So I turned the engine over for a second...tempted to pull the oil pan...and then coolant drained out of the spark plug holes on cyl 1 & 2 (or 3 and 4...it was 2 in sequence).

I'm not surprised though...I mean, the head gasket is full of RTV lol poor suckers

Leave a comment:

• M3NTAL
    replied
    Battery Box

Here's the Mounted coil, and installed EFI HI side ac line, moved engine over 1/16 of an inch to help move tranny of frame rail.

Leave a comment:

• ENEMY_
    replied
    removed sunroof for last bit of body work and paint.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Dirt
    replied
    Been driving it to work, put a round headlight in the pass side as a temporary and its growing on me

Leave a comment:

• freshtiva
    replied
    Originally posted by sc72 View Post
    on hwy 116, That was a fun road to drive on.
    blkfordsedan likes that road too

Leave a comment:

• 91_festy_Gl
    replied
    Going to be cleaning my gas tank today and inspecting the fuel lines.

Leave a comment:

• sc72
    replied
    Thanks people for the nice comments.

Those rims look good!^
    Thanks charlie i do like those rims, ya know if i put the names of all the people who have helped me or sold me parts for this car it would be covered. oh ya and the great advice that i have been given helps me keep these cars on the road.

The car looks great!! And I think I've been there!
    It's not your Cream Puff but i'm happy with it. i'm sure you have been by the lake before, here is some good news, the Army Corp is going to start working on the Dam and retro fit it for Hydro Electric Power. Next year Maybe i should think about having a Festiva Meet down by the Lake, plenty of good spots for our cars and plenty to do for the men and women folk.

It does look good, Carl has it all decked out, inside and out.
    Thanks Fresh for the kind words, your cars and others on this site give me the urge to continue to work on and improve the cars i have. Shoot we could have had a mini meet.

You passed me!
    I did! were did you see me, was i on hwy 116, That was a fun road to drive on.

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    You passed me!

Leave a comment:

• freshtiva
    replied
    Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
    The car looks great!!
    It does look good, Carl has it all decked out, inside and out.

Leave a comment:

• link5186
    replied
    Took on water. Hate the rain.

Sent from the bathroom via crapatalk

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied
    The car looks great!! And I think I've been there!

Leave a comment:

• Charlie1717
    replied
    Those rims look good!^

Leave a comment:

• sc72
    replied
    Two weeks back, i bought Aspire struts for the rear, then last week Erik Smith and i went to a PnP in north K.C. and i bought a set of 02 Kia Rio front Struts, last spring i bought the GTX wheels from charlie 1717 the tires are 195/60/14's also while at the second PnP i mentioned to Eric what i was looking for, a little later after i thought i had lost Eric, here he comes with a hand full of center caps with the Ford emblem in the center, i thought they were appropiate, since it truly is a Ford product, well, made by Kia, powered by Mazda and i think it finishes off the wheels nicely. This past Saturday i was in the Kansas City area and stoped in to visit The Festiva Ranch, thats always a good time, Fresh and his wife are always happy to visit and swap Festiva stories.

Leave a comment:

• zoom zoom
    replied
    The paint dried so I put the pass. Side hubcaps back on..much better than the dingy old scratched and faded look.. i probably spent 2 hours with sandpaper on these to prep them, so hopefully this stuff sticks and don't peel off.

Also did some research on jackstands/jack combo, I've got 2 hydraulic jacks, both wore out to the point new fluid won't make them jack up like they used to..so I suppose its time for a new one, I think I'm gonna go with auto zones brand, the duralast jacks (on average) last me 2.5 years each, and I think I'd rather have a name brand compared to some cheap harbor freight tool made-to-break, these are tools i use at least a couple times a week, and my life depends on it, if it was something that i rarely use, i'd probably go the cheap route.
    Last edited by zoom zoom; 09-19-2011, 06:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• walth
    replied
    built my harbor freight 1 ton engine hoist (but upgraded the jack to the 8 ton hehe) and it's butter. pulled the B6 out of the ranger

I just need some longer bolts...the ones I got from the engine aren't even long enough to go through the HF engine stand...that or I'm cutting those mounts down shorter. I'd rather just find some bolts though

Leave a comment:

Working...
X