Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tweak is getting a new clutch and a fresh G15mr. The Old tranny was starting to resist going into 3rd gear and the clutch was starting to slip in 5th gear. We got 40k miles out of that clutch though. Not bad.
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanprins13 View Post
      That sucks. How was the new motor working?
      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Sadly, not well, it would not make enough oil pressure, so I pulled it tonight, and checked the pan and oil and then bearings. Fines in the pan and the oil, scuffing on the bearings I looked at.
      Will talk to the builder Monday.
      Thricetiva replaced Icetiva as the new ride
      Icetiva-3-race-car-build
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2533299

Comment

• I need a center armrest, you have any pictures so I can get an idea on what to do with mine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Icedawg View Post
          Sadly, not well, it would not make enough oil pressure, so I pulled it tonight, and checked the pan and oil and then bearings. Fines in the pan and the oil, scuffing on the bearings I looked at.
          Will talk to the builder Monday.
          Wow, thats got to be disappointing for having paid someone else to do it. :/ hopefully you can get it fixed soon and back to racing. How much of the season can you miss and still do decently? Or is it all individual races and not like a tournament?

Comment

• Had to pull the ebay universal power window kit, driver's side unit failed, but it wasn't the motor that failed, one of the cables snapped.
            So I had to put the manual cranks back in.
            1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
            2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
            1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Originally posted by ECCustom View Post
              I need a center armrest, you have any pictures so I can get an idea on what to do with mine.
              Keep an eye on thread 55126 .
              I was going to test the fit on mine today, but will put it off until next weekend. I have cut and drilled the mounting holes akready.

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanprins13 View Post
                Wow, thats got to be disappointing for having paid someone else to do it. :/ hopefully you can get it fixed soon and back to racing. How much of the season can you miss and still do decently? Or is it all individual races and not like a tournament?
                It is disappointing indeed. We race this weekend, so it is unlikely I will get back out. Points add up from each race day so missing two race days out of 7 is pretty hard to come back from.
                I have another well used block I bought to build up as a spare, but have not done it yet. Tonight I took it apart, and learned it needs bearings, cylinder honing, a polish on the crank and rings. I will get that done tomorrow and then attempt to assemble it myself. Not at all sure I can get it done in time.
                Icetiva-3-race-car-build

Comment

• Originally posted by Icedawg View Post
                  It is disappointing indeed. We race this weekend, so it is unlikely I will get back out. Points add up from each race day so missing two race days out of 7 is pretty hard to come back from.
                  I have another well used block I bought to build up as a spare, but have not done it yet. Tonight I took it apart, and learned it needs bearings, cylinder honing, a polish on the crank and rings. I will get that done tomorrow and then attempt to assemble it myself. Not at all sure I can get it done in time.
                  Well i hope you do manage to get all that done on time, good luck!

Comment

• Added roof rails! Just need a windfaring now

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Cory_Thurmond View Post

Added roof rails! Just need a windfaring now

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk
                      That stickerbomb fender! I love it!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
                      88 Ford Festiva LX "Miogi" B8-ME swapped.

93 Ford Festiva L "Haywire" Rat infested trashcan WIP

Comment

• Just finished installing my oil pressure gauge. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454553995.461032.jpg

Comment

• Stripped down my remaining cores looking for one to rebuild in a hurry.
                          Icetiva-3-race-car-build

Comment

• Kept working on an engine rebuild, and put in new bearings and rings then tapped all the holes on the outside of the Miata block that are not used until you convert it to a B6T configuration. Still a lot of work to do before I can go racing this weekend. Going to miss Saturday.

Icetiva-3-race-car-build

Comment

• Today, I accidentally hooked my battery terminals up in reverse to a spare winter battery. Nothing fried. Lucky. I turned the battery around, hooked up the terminals properly and it started. Everything worked normally. Thank goodness for no ECU.

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                                Today, I accidentally hooked my battery terminals up in reverse to a spare winter battery. Nothing fried. Lucky. I turned the battery around, hooked up the terminals properly and it started. Everything worked normally. Thank goodness for no ECU.
                                That is pretty lucky, i did the same thing, didn't realize it and fried some of the ground wires once... wiring has been a pain ever since...

Car #789
                                Sponsors: Williams American Construction, Dewaynes Tire service, Roofing Supply Group
                                1992 Festiva L - BP Swapped, Aspire Swapped, Rally America Sanctioned.
                                1993 Festiva GL - 4sp Automatic and the bluest car i've ever seen...
                                http://www.facebook.com/warally

Comment

Working...
                                X