Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Started removing the rear bumper, and I changed out the o2 sensor with a Denso one and now the exhaust isn't putrid anymore.

Old one was a real bi*ch to get out, after I finally got it out the threads were shot on the manifold, but there was enough thread left to hold the new one in fairly snug.

Not getting a new bung installed, just going ghetto with some exhaust cement or jbweld.
    If I ever have to replace the sensor in the future (which I doubt seriously) then I will just pull the manifold and get a junkyard one.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Painted the grill black with some bumper and trim paint, tried to remove the Ford badge beforehand, but it snapped in half even when using the hole on the back-side. Should have just masked it off.

Saw a couple 3 1/2" long Ford badges that should fit, but the guy wants $10 a piece for em and they are used. May see if he will take $15 for both, the one on my hatch is in pretty poor shape.

Leave a comment:

• Spike
    replied
    Master cylinder blew today. Found out my rear bearings are toasted again. Need a new steering rack. Strut about to rust off. Axle is leaking..

But I got new pads put on lol. Having them put on is what blew the master..

Oy vey, this car is killing me.

Found out I leaked a quart of oil since last oil change - 5k miles ago. Only had a few drips between changes before this..

:violent3::banghead::banghead::banghead:

~Joe

Leave a comment:

• crazyrog17
    replied
    That rearview is awesome.. for you. I'll stick with stock, haha.

Today I got it washed to get the salt off. Then I put 6oz lubegard red into the automatic trans. I hope it's not placebo because I can feel the P-R-N-D shifts are much quicker and smoother. Still have to test cold take-offs to make sure there's no slipping.

I did my research on the stuff... Rave reviews across the internet. The naysayers had a trans without a glimmer of hope. Mine wasn't too bad before, I'm just hoping that this cheap experiment nets better shifts, less trans wear, and ultimately better fuel economy.

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    Could be a prime location for a GPS or little CB or something.

Leave a comment:

• Festevil3
    replied
    Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
    Twistiva, I worked for two years in the Pennwalt lab on greases (some under contract from ESSO and Shell) and chemical specialties (everything from drain cleaners, cutting oils, rolling fluids to dairy tank cleaners).
    I worked 5 years in the Tremco Ltd. R&D lab. B.F. Goodrich, the owner, gave us fantastic deals on tires. The conferences were not bad either.

Festevil, what are your plans for covering the stock mirror hole?
    I went with a smaller mirror and you went with a larger one.
    I am unsure at the moment, my thoughts were to cut the the stock mirror and just use the factory mount to cover the hole. Any thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• DriverOne
    replied
    Re: What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Originally posted by Festevil3 View Post
    I'm really surprised you didn't use the stock sun visor mounts. That mirror mount would be a good center support as well...

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    Twistiva, I worked for two years in the Pennwalt lab on greases (some under contract from ESSO and Shell) and chemical specialties (everything from drain cleaners, cutting oils, rolling fluids to dairy tank cleaners).
    I worked 5 years in the Tremco Ltd. R&D lab. B.F. Goodrich, the owner, gave us fantastic deals on tires. The conferences were not bad either.

Festevil, what are your plans for covering the stock mirror hole?
    I went with a smaller mirror and you went with a larger one.

Leave a comment:

• Festevil3
    replied
    Originally posted by Twistiva View Post
    Ha! Ha! I just don't think that rear view mirror is quite big enough! If you were in California facing west that thing's big enough you could see New York city! :highly_amused:
    Absolutely no blind spots, it came off a golf cart at the junk yard...lol
    Last edited by Festevil3; 01-04-2013, 07:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Twistiva
    replied
    Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
    You could buy a grease gun off the Bay, unscrew the solid neck and substitute a flexible hose. Then you could grease your own without a hoist. Use EP-2 grade grease.
    Brave -

Your Festiva knowledge never ceases to impress me! :thumbs_up:

Leave a comment:

• Twistiva
    replied
    Changed my oil and oil filter, plus a brand new OEM Mazda interior dome light I bought about 10 days ago was delivered today.

New dome light: think I'll do the LED mod to it that several others have done. It hasn't worked in probably almost 20 years but the one thing I remember for certain was how pathetically dim it was....

Leave a comment:

• Twistiva
    replied
    Originally posted by Festevil3 View Post
    I installed my new rear view mirror i got for x-mas

Ha! Ha! I just don't think that rear view mirror is quite big enough! If you were in California facing west that thing's big enough you could see New York city! :highly_amused:

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    You could buy a grease gun off the Bay, unscrew the solid neck and substitute a flexible hose. Then you could grease your own without a hoist. Use EP-2 grade grease.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 01-03-2013, 06:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TheresGabe
    replied
    Many tierod ends (Though not the new ones I bought on my festiva) come with a nipple for greasing! You will just need to remind the people doing your oil change (If you pay someone to do it) that your car is no longer a "sealed chassis"

Leave a comment:

• WulfgarTheGreat
    replied
    got a brand new tie rod end passenger side outer but there is a screw thing that came with it that looks like a brake bleeder screw, but redrum will be happy with me and lets hope that i can do over 55 with out all the shaking

Leave a comment:

Working...
X