Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huli
    replied
    This state does not allow windshield coverage!! I was shocked! Turns out the state mandated a ton of laws that restrict how you can spend your money on your insurance. I was angry that I can NOT get $0 deductible. Why not!? its my money, why should the state tell me I cannot insure my vehicle against broken windows with no deductible? I hate insurance. :angryfire:

Leave a comment:

• DriverOne
    replied
    Re: What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Originally posted by Huli View Post
    I changed my insurance, the company had a hard time believing I wanted full coverage!!
    I won't get anything less than full coverage! There are so many college kids out here (many who are just now driving) that I would be afraid to go without it. That and windshield replacement is nice.

Leave a comment:

• Huli
    replied
    I changed my insurance, the company had a hard time believing I wanted full coverage!! ($45/mo $100 deductible!)

They had to take pictures to submit to corporate so they had a file... HA!

And I adjusted the air bypass valve, turns out the previous owner had adjusted the throttle body to not allow it to function.
    Last edited by Huli; 02-11-2013, 08:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• kellen302
    replied
    That was the GTX I thought, and it was actually a destroked B6D, the B6 block has siamesed bores as far as I know so it's a tiny bit different from a poked n' stroked B3

Leave a comment:

• Twistiva
    replied
    - Received a brand new (NOS) front windshield wiper arm in the mail that I bought on e-Bay.

- Bought a manual driver's side mirror (just the glass) on e-Bay.

- Checked on ordering a new cigarette lighter from the local Ford Dealer for Twistiva (don't smoke but my old one is trashed and fixing up my Festy)

- Went to a Ford dealer here in town to compare 2 blue colors....the original 1988 Ford Festiva blue (can't rememer what they called it) and a 2013 blue used on F-150 trucks....called 'Blue Flame Metallic'.

Leave a comment:

• Festiva_Fred
    replied
    Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
    I believe so, yes. B6 I heard is just a bored-out B3, externally is is pretty much identical to the B3.

That really makes me wonder, why on earth wasn't it an engine option when these were new? Hell even the performance models in japan didn't have a bigger engine. The Festiva GTA I believe it was called?
    The GTA had a 1.3 DOHC in it actually..

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Originally posted by 200KGPGTP View Post
    Is the B6 the one that just straight up bolts-in?
    I believe so, yes. B6 I heard is just a bored-out B3, externally is is pretty much identical to the B3.

That really makes me wonder, why on earth wasn't it an engine option when these were new? Hell even the performance models in japan didn't have a bigger engine. The Festiva GTA I believe it was called?
    Last edited by TorqueEffect; 02-11-2013, 02:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    Is the B6 the one that just straight up bolts-in?

Leave a comment:

• Icedawg
    replied
    Installed a 4 stage shift light and tach from autometer. I am hoping I will see the colours flash in peripheral vision, and shift while drifting sideways toward a snow bank, instead of distracting myself by actually looking at the tach. I also moved the oil and water gauges from down below the roll bar to up on the dash where I can see them while still looking out the windscreen at the marshal stations.
    click http://www.autometer.com/cat_gaugede...gid=3630&sid=4

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    Bummer! Hope you can figure something out!

Leave a comment:

• DriverOne
    replied
    Re: What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Originally posted by 200KGPGTP View Post
    Put insurance on it and drove it to wal-mart. It runs and drives, but coolant disappears at an astonishing rate, and it varies where it comes from. Anyone got an engine nearby? :lol:
    Car-part.com! Time for a B6. 86-89 323 or Tracer.

Leave a comment:

• Burger
    replied
    Originally posted by Huli View Post
    Had a 200k party!!!
    Congrats .

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    Put insurance on it and drove it to wal-mart. It runs and drives, but coolant disappears at an astonishing rate, and it varies where it comes from. Anyone gots an engine nearby? :lol:

Leave a comment:

• Twistiva
    replied
    Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
    Is there a gasket for the transmission to engine? I don't remember seeing one when I removed it...I did buy new axle seals.
    Rafe - OK, my mistake. I thought there was one. I learn somethin' new every day here.

Originally posted by 1990new View Post
    Might consider clutch assembly, pilot bearing (not VOR or ADF related), and rear main seal also. No gasket between engine and transaxle...just the backplate.
    1990new - Ha! Ha! I actually got that joke! :highly_amused:

Thanks for the list of other parts to get and/or check!
    Last edited by Twistiva; 02-10-2013, 11:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 1990new
    replied
    What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Might consider clutch assembly, pilot bearing (not VOR or ADF related), and rear main seal also. No gasket between engine and transaxle...just the backplate.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X