Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twistiva
    replied
    Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
    What about black? A desirable Festiva color?

Today we broke a record high temperature for January 12. People were walking around with open jackets. All the snow has completely vanished.
    Brave -

Color: Nope, I'm going with blue. I love blues and reds on cars. But not an opaque-type blue or red, something with a touch of metallic or pearl in it.

WX: Pretty danged warmed winter so far in Oklahoma, too. Cold today but very warm before that. In the 60's yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    What about black? A desirable Festiva color?

Today we broke a record high temperature for January 12. People were walking around with open jackets. All the snow has completely vanished.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 01-12-2013, 10:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Twistiva
    replied
    (Saturday)

Some underseat tray rails I bought from 'caoverlock' arrived today. Cool!

Went to a Ford dealer here in town to look at possible paint colors for my upcoming paintjob. 99% sure I'm gonna go with "Blue Flame Metallic". Sweeeet! :thumbs_up: Other contenders are "Deep Impact Blue" and "Blue Jeans". All Ford colors. Got a red paint color picked out today, too, if I turn a parts-car into a DD: "Ruby Red", another Ford color.

Washed Twistiva (too freaking cold to give it anything more than a spray-down at a car wash).

And...paid for 3 Festiva emblems.

Leave a comment:

• Twistiva
    replied
    (Friday)

Fiiiiiiinally was able to get my muffler and the upstream exhaust pipe replaced.

Only took me 3 friggin' trips to Oklahoma City (80 miles one way) to get Midas to put on my 'free' muffler.....:cry_smile:

But, MAN!, is it quieter now! :highly_amused:

And, as a bonus, the guy that did the work showed me where I had an oil leak below the fuel pump. Gotta take care of that.

Leave a comment:

• Flyin4stroke
    replied
    i think rhodestiva has some pictures of his painted blue.

Maybe not, he just painted the interior pieces with it..
    Last edited by Flyin4stroke; 01-10-2013, 10:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• txranger14
    replied
    bought new hoses for the radiator and a spark plug wire set. puttin em all on saturday.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
    What paint did you use for the interior trim? I've been wanting to do all black inside.
    Krylon Fusion, but I am sure any paint made to bond with plastic will work great.

I am thinking of adding a blue strip down the length of both my bumpers in those grooves. I do have a can of blue Valspar plastic paint and a can of blue Krylon Fusion.
    Last edited by TorqueEffect; 01-10-2013, 10:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    What paint did you use for the interior trim? I've been wanting to do all black inside.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Pictures of it after all the painting that I have done over the last week.

Cell phone camera's don't take pictures for crap unless it is a bright sunny day. :p

Wheels painted with high temperature paint meant for BBQ grills and the like.

Last edited by TorqueEffect; 01-10-2013, 09:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    It's been off for months. I bought it cause I was going to do this Hotter than Hell Hundred down in Wichita Falls, TX and I didn't end up doing it this year. Took it off cause I do a lot of HWY miles and want the better gas mileage.

And somehow my other photo from yesterday morning got delete...weird.
    Last edited by Prafeston; 01-10-2013, 08:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Festevil3
    replied
    ^Why did you take off your roof rack?

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    I tend to not work much on mine. Just drive it! Was crazy foggy this morning. These pics don't even do it justice!

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Started painting the steel wheels black. I can only paint one at a time since I only have one jack. Most of the jack points are rusted so I can't really use jack stands.

Leave a comment:

• WTFestiva
    replied
    Ordered: Thermostat, distributor cap, distributor rotor, NGK racing spark plugs, OBX performance header, gasket kit, and water pump kit for the BP05 thats going in. took everything off the BP but left the head on, we are having it re-planed for the gaskets tomorrow and ordering some pieces that are cracked (oil pan has a hole in it) backplate by the water pump. Our B3 thats currently in the festiva is ready to pull with all the parts except for the speedometer cable and axles. Pics will be posted in the photo section.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Cleaned up and painted the rusted windshield wiper arms, painted the hatch door card, and removed the front bumper cover and painted that as well.

Tomorrow I will be removing the wheels, cleaning those up and painting those black as well.

Might clean up and paint the two beauty rings I have, but not black. I may leave em be and try and clean em up.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X