Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Put the freshly painted bumper and interior plastics back in, I must say it all turned out really well.

Now I just have to paint the door pullers, handles, and door cards black, then everything plastic on the interior will be painted, except for the dashboard. (No I ain't removing THAT just to paint it.)

Now when I had the rear plastics off, I noticed rust on top of the strut towers, it hasn't rusted though but there is a spot about a quarter inch wide by about inch long, I jabbed at it with a screw driver pretty good, it still sounds and feels solid.

Should I be worried at all? Should I be treating that ASAP with some rust converter?
    Last edited by TorqueEffect; 01-07-2013, 06:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    Made some more progress on the blue car.
    Torque converter bolts in. Starter, alternator, exhaust manifold & downpipe installed.

Now another hurdle. I noticed the pulleys were serpentine ones so I took them off. The pulleys from the old engine don't fit on the Aspire engine crank.
    Poop.

Leave a comment:

• DriverOne
    replied
    Re: What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Originally posted by Flyin4stroke View Post
    im jelly!!
    I'm peanut butter, let's jam! Hahaha

Leave a comment:

• B3Festiva
    replied
    Re: What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Got my speedo working without spending any cash, pretty satisfied.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    Whenever you wanna get rid of those let me know...they are even the same color!

Leave a comment:

• Flyin4stroke
    replied
    im jelly!!

Leave a comment:

• navdoc101
    replied
    And
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• navdoc101
    replied
    Side Skirt Pics:IMG_1278[1].jpgIMG_1277[1].jpg
    Last edited by navdoc101; 01-07-2013, 10:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Festevil3
    replied
    ^ Great job keep up the work, and great pics by the way!

Leave a comment:

• WTFestiva
    replied
    Started our BP swap! Can't wait to get it going, dont have the B3 out yet, we're currently still in the prepping process for the BP. Going to replace everything that club protege says to before we put it in there and find out nothing works.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Removed the rear bumper for painting, and since I was taking out the interior plastics to get to the bolts for the bumper, I painted those as well.

All those go back on tomorrow, and will remove and paint the front bumper when I am able to get another can of bumper and trim paint. Then when it is dry enough outside, I am going to mask off and paint the plastic side trim.

Leave a comment:

• navdoc101
    replied
    Installed FMS side skirts. Pics to follow.

Leave a comment:

• Icedawg
    replied
    Decided to crack open the spare manual stock tranny I picked up at Pic n Pull years ago just in case, planning to use it to replace the broken tranny in the new race car. The spare was a bit rusty inside the diff where the axles go, so I thought I would check the bearings. Turns out a syncro, a bearing and a clutch fork in the spare were all broken, while 3 third gear and the drive gear were stripped in the broken tranny. So instead of installing the spare I spent the day building one good one out of these two broken trannies. Goes in tomorrow I hope.
    Last edited by Icedawg; 01-06-2013, 02:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Twistiva
    replied
    Spent about a gazillion hours searching the internet for wheels I want to buy. Found 2 sets I want (1 per Festy) but one of the 2 I'm not sure is being manufactured anymore. About half the places I called said yes and half said no. I can find them on wheel sites but it's Saturday and many of the online tire sites were closed plus the manuafacturer was closed as well.

To make matters worse I could have bought them 6 weeks ago for about $23-33 less a wheel.

Crap.....
    Last edited by Twistiva; 01-05-2013, 10:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Started removing the rear bumper, and I changed out the o2 sensor with a Denso one and now the exhaust isn't putrid anymore.

Old one was a real bi*ch to get out, after I finally got it out the threads were shot on the manifold, but there was enough thread left to hold the new one in fairly snug.

Not getting a new bung installed, just going ghetto with some exhaust cement or jbweld.
    If I ever have to replace the sensor in the future (which I doubt seriously) then I will just pull the manifold and get a junkyard one.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X