Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oren09
    replied
    Washed it, waxed it, made love to it.

No, not really on that last one.

Leave a comment:

• htchbck
    replied
    Made a shift "knob". Can't find my I-Mark shift knob (probably in the van over at dad's house where I keep it and the trailer. So I got a couple M10x1.25 nuts and a cracked 17mm 3/8" drive deepwell socket and drilled out the center ever so slightly with a 13/32" drill bit so it just slips over the threads on the shifter without damaging them. Drop the nuts down into the socket, and just twist it on. When it gets to the bottom of the threads where the shifter threads on, tightens up Not too pretty (or long term) but it will keep the threads off my hands till I find that shift knob I'll try to remember to snap a pic when I get home, my phone isn't sending pics at the moment

Oh yeah, I tightened up the e-brake too and put a bolt and nut on to pull the downpipe back tight on the manifold where one of the studs apparently gave out (or I forgot to reinstall it :/ lol)
    Last edited by htchbck; 10-24-2011, 02:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• htchbck
    replied
    Fixed my rev limiter problem... lol bad wire on the VAF connector

Leave a comment:

• FestYboy
    replied
    200K i recomend a regemine of SeaFoam for that valve tick

Leave a comment:

• Ford Fester
    replied
    Got the b8 festy running....just need to button up and test drive

Leave a comment:

• freshtiva
    replied
    I had to pick up a van part at the local Ford dealer. I drove my car Freshtiva.It was a round trip of 44 miles which brings the year to date mileage on that car up to 94 miles. Its fun to take to the dealership, answered seveal question about the car and turned down a couple of offers to buy it. One from a customer who feared I was trading it in. He was driving a Cadillac CTS ?? One of the salemans sister use to have one and loved it. The two ounce metal piece for the van cost $70. Ive bought festivas for less.

Last edited by freshtiva; 10-24-2011, 11:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    Changed the oil because it was ticking rather loudly.... Still ticking. Whatevs. I accidentally backed it into the 04 GP though... whoops

Leave a comment:

• redbirds25to5
    replied
    I changed the oil, filter and cleaned the TB. I checked my hoses too. Unfortunately, one (the section that attaches to the air filter system) is cracking pretty badly. Anyway, still, it was a good day! I'm hoping to get some nasty license plate and door screws removed from my hatch tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• junspeed
    replied
    - pulled out the rear bumber assy for sanding and painting.
    - cleaned and applied rust converter on the rusty rear bumber

Leave a comment:

• sc72
    replied
    Originally posted by 200KGPGTP View Post
    There's this WICKED stretch of washboard road on my paper route.... hehehhehe

Today it was so bad that my phone went from the spot on the dash to the left of the speedo, to BEHIND the drivers seat.

So much fun. Cracks me up every morning. Literally cracks the festy up. LOL
    Yup i understand about those gravel roads. The road from I35 west to the Festiva Ranch was a blast to drive, for some reason the Festy kept wanting to go faster, so hey why not.

Leave a comment:

• bhazard
    replied
    Originally posted by M3NTAL View Post
    installed new boost controller, and a new innovate MTX L wideband! added a support to my hood latch!

My MTX-L just died the other day. No idea why. It was great up til that point.

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    There's this WICKED stretch of washboard road on my paper route.... hehehhehe

Today it was so bad that my phone went from the spot on the dash to the left of the speedo, to BEHIND the drivers seat.

So much fun. Cracks me up every morning. Literally cracks the festy up. LOL

Leave a comment:

• GenevaDirt
    replied
    Originally posted by avitsef View Post
    Oh , but i still like the way you get things done - ur a get er done kinda guy without fear . Didnt know they were dealer installed , interesting .
    lol...thanks...I guess I have always been that way....gotta do what ya gotta do with what you have to do it!

Leave a comment:

• avitsef
    replied
    Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
    lol...Actually....that sunroof you are referring to never leaked after I installed it. The one I was referring to is actually a dealer installed original sunroof (they were not installed from the factory), that was put in the car when it was new.
    Seal lasted 21 years so I guess I can not complain.
    Oh , but i still like the way you get things done - ur a get er done kinda guy without fear . Didnt know they were dealer installed , interesting .

Leave a comment:

• htchbck
    replied
    So very very tempted...

Just pulled up the local pull-a-part car list, and yesterday they set out a 94 protege (two others as well since I was down there last), and also a 90 323 and an '89 323. Potential for a motor swap for all three of my cars! Of course Babystiva would take the early 323 (and stay carb'd), Green Car would get the '90 engine, and the Protege (hopefully B8) would go to Chuck.

In other news, put the temp sensor in last night on Chuck. On the ten mile drive to work this morning I didn't smell as much gas, but when I got out of the car, could still smell it. I think I'm gonna throw the whole fuel rail off my spare manifold on there and see if that cures it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X