Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuperDaveGulvak
    replied
    Jammed the new Lonely Island on the way home from work........."Happy Birthday to the Ground!!!" Nice work on hitch BTW Paul

Leave a comment:

• fastivaca
    replied
    Replaced the passenger side steering knuckle after discovering the Aspire one I originally installed had bad bearings and the hole where it mount to the LCA was messed up. Also replaced the pinch bolt.

Installed the wheel studs on the front while I was at it.

Next on the list... install the Aspire rear axle beam!
    Last edited by fastivaca; 05-11-2011, 06:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• crazyrog17
    replied
    Patched up the exhaust and put in $20 of gas.

Ordered the ebay-special innner/outer tie rods and LCAs because it was on sale earlier this week for $75 shipped. I'll have those installed before Ohiostiva.

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied
    Originally posted by boydg1 View Post
    .... Paul, lets see how you anchored it from the bottom up. Thanks
    Post pictures here! (No inapropriate posts - children visit FF.com too!)

Leave a comment:

• boydg1
    replied
    .... Paul, lets see how you anchored it from the bottom up. Thanks

Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post

Leave a comment:

• 91blufestiva
    replied
    I replaced my window track, vacuumed my car out, then mounted my spoiler.

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ENEMY_
    replied
    I had to rewire the O2 sensor though since it was in the other side on these headers and the wire wasn't long enough

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    Since I got my festy 4 months ago I have increased my monthly average MPG from 29.5 to 39.3. WINNN

Leave a comment:

• walth
    replied
    yeah enemy! that is sick nasty!!

Leave a comment:

• thered56
    replied
    ^^ sexy!

Leave a comment:

• ENEMY_
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Gomez
    replied
    yesterday evening I was driving my Festy out on some country roads looking for other Festivas, Aspires, Capris, EGT's etc when I came up on this very large mudhole. No water just mud taking 75%of the road. It had been 75*+ all day so I figured it would be hard enough for my little car to get across. Well my left tire started spinning as soon as the whole left front of the car bottomed out when it sank. Luckily it was downhill so it eventually came out.

Long story short I got my Festiva stuck.

Leave a comment:

• 91blufestiva
    replied
    ^yup got it all figured out lol, at the same time I'll be putting in all brand new EGT tie rods, festy LCA's, automatic aspire rotors, EGT calipers/pads, and LCA bushings. I should be set to go lol. But Jess, you see you have the advantage of non-salted roads haha. I've changed my front struts before, breeze in the park for me. I'm just worried as heck about those lower strut bolts on my aspire axle... :/

Leave a comment:

• 1990new
    replied
    Originally posted by 91blufestiva View Post
    ^ nice Jess!

I ordered some rear struts and steering rack bellows. and i'm nervous as all heck to replace the struts...
    Thanks Josh.

For me the rear struts were easier than the front struts to replace. Been a while since I replaced them but it seem like I had a little problem getting the top nuts off the old ones though. (I have a set of spring compressors and they came in handy.) I'm sure someone here knows a way to do it without them (tiedown straps maybe)?

After I replaced the steering bellows on one of mine, I had an alignment done.
    Be sure to mark the exact position of the tie rod ends before you remove to put the new bellows on.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X