Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drove it to my girlfriend, and netted 38MPG. Really good for a BP. That was doing 70-75 most of the trip too.

Also the VICS butterfly valves I had forced open with zip ties. May remove that though, and let the ECU do it's thing, because it does seem very sluggish from a stop with them always open.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TorqueEffect; 06-05-2016, 09:34 AM.
    1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
    2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
    1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
      165 55 14 will fit the car much better and the car will drive and handle better than the wider, and taller tires. These cars get better traction with narrower tires. The 165mm tires will fit nicely on 6.5" rims.
      Thanks, I made the mistake of getting the 185's and have regretted it. Will get 165 when I wear these out.
      Jack Byrd,
      1991 Capri
      1988 Festiva LX, 240K
      1970 Chev C10
      1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• Originally posted by Doug Brown View Post
        The wife and I are in process of buying a 3-bedroom, 2-bathroom house with lots of rooms on 1.2 acres of land that has a 3-year old 30 x 33-ft full steel workshop on it wire with 110 & 220-volt.

The workshop is for my fleet: 1990 5-spd street car, 1993 5-spd parts car, 1993 shell soon to be race car, 1996 wrecked Aspire for suspension & brakes and a soon to be picked up from Brian in West Virginia 1993 Festiva with a 1.8 BP engine, G transmission, reworked suspension, big brakes, 14-in rims etc.

We should be moving in sometime in July and if anyone wants to help move unlicensed and barely roadworthy Festiva's about a mile over public roads, plus about a million boxes, let me know!!!

Payment is with burgers, beer and a bed for the night!

Doug Brown
        New Bern, NC
        If I were physically able, I'd come help for the trip to New Bern, love your town.
        Jack Byrd,
        1991 Capri
        1988 Festiva LX, 240K
        1970 Chev C10
        1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
          165 55 14 will fit the car much better and the car will drive and handle better than the wider, and taller tires. These cars get better traction with narrower tires. The 165mm tires will fit nicely on 6.5" rims.
          I can't seem to find any 165/55/14 tires online anywhere but I did find 165/65/14 tires at TireKingdom. 165mm is exactly 6.5 inches wide, does that let the sidewall bulge out any? I'm not really fond of the stretched tire look that some people are going for on the cambered cars nowadays. I've also found some 175/65/14 tires but they aren't much shorter than the original tires and may rub.

Also another factor I'm debating is the price. The 185/60/14s are about $42 each where the 165/65/14s are about $97 each.

I would also like to mention that I am running the stock B3 engine as of right now so there won't be a whole lot of power going to these wheels. There is plans for Nitrous in the future but only after I get a Wideband so I don't lean out.

Thanks for the advice anyone has.
          "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
          sigpic
          "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
          "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
          "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
          "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
          https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

• image.jpg

Ive bought several sets of tires from these people, always great service.
            Jerry
            Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
            90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
            92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
            93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

• Thanks. They have a lot more choices.
              sigpic
              "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

Comment

• Try Tire Easy .com.
                I got 4 165/60-13's delivered for $160.
                If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Well found out the grinding sound was coming from the alternator pulley rubbing the fender under heavy acceleration.

Comment

• A few odds and ends on the kids car. Timing belt, alternator belt, fuel filter, plugs, wires, cap and rotor.
                    Should be good for a little bit
                    Whoa, that was fun!

Comment

• Drove it hard to get to work on time.

Also the a stock Exedy clutch is holding the BP's power perfectly fine. Almost completely broken in too if it isn't already.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Getting my rack ready for install. This is how I sealed/tied in the power steering ports.
                        20160608_211851.jpg
                        Whoa, that was fun!

Comment

• Finished grinding down my Brake Calipers in the front so that the new wheels won't hit them.
                          20160608_202915.jpg
                          Sucky part is that I just painted them about 3 months ago...
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by firebush357; 06-09-2016, 09:43 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Trashed one of my speedometer cables (white car) removing the speedo gear to check the fluid level. It just came apart while I was trying to wiggle the gear out.

On the plus side - yeah, it was a couple of pints low on Mercon. No wonder it was whining in fifth, now I have to wonder if it survived the previous owner or if it has internal damage that will get worse.

I think Mr. Skippy here is going to be exploring the wonderful world of transaxle rebuilding soon...
                            Most people don't drive what they want at all, and never will

Comment

• Replaced my Cluster illumination bulbs with a strip of LED's I had laying around because there was one bulb already out and I could barely see my Cluster at night and anything over 50mph I had no clue how fast I was going because it was so dark. They are really bright on the when the dimmer is turned all the way up but I think they will be fine with it turned down, if not I can just add a piece of plastic where the older green one used to go and either scuff it up or tint it or I could just wire in a small resistor.

This is the lowest setting on the dimmer switch.
                              20160609_204303.jpg
                              Last edited by firebush357; 06-10-2016, 08:48 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Try adding about a fifty ohm resistor in line to the lights from the dimmer switch. if it's too much, drop it by 25 ohms. if it isn't enough - go up 25 ohms. Resistors can be had in six packs online or from radio shack for about a buck and a half.

You could also install a trimmer pot - an adjustable resistor in a range of about 0 to 250 or 0 to 100 ohms. That way you could dial it right in.
                                The basic rule with LED's used to be 50 ohms per volt, if that means anything to you.

Myself I just went on the longest confidence test run so far with the 1991. I took a load of aluminum cans to a scrapper in Memphis and bagged about thirty some odd bucks, then I turned right around and ran to O'Reilly's near where I live and got the speedo cable I needed placed on order...

$29.oo even, after discounts. Coincidence? :highly_amused:

I'm wondering now if I can tweek the A/C to make it blow colder.
                                Last edited by Greywolf; 06-10-2016, 12:46 PM.
                                Most people don't drive what they want at all, and never will

Comment

Working...
                                X